Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mg Tf 1.8 2004 pektron engine cutting off 2 years 4 months ago #197582

Hello, Im trying to learn ems code on MG TF 2004 after programming new fobs to the scu and after I learn EMS code with pscan the engine starts and runs no problem.
Turn off the engine lock unlock with fob the engine will start and will cut out in 1 sec.

Everytime I re-learn the ems the car will run with no problems.

Switch off the engine for a few seconds sqme problem.

Anyone have any idea, should I replace the ecu or the scu.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mg Tf 1.8 2004 pektron engine cutting off 2 years 4 months ago #197586

Hi Mario5. I'm not an expert but I'm replying because feel your pain.

I assume you're working with new fobs + batteries c/w a new 22 digit (?) authorization code? (Btw do the new fobs need a sticker 'pulling off' to make them work work? I say this because I bought an inspection light recently and found this was why I couldn't get it to work...)

If not it sounds like your immobiliser isn't responding to your fob (since I think the injectors aren't being actuated as part of the process) and this may well be due to the 'curse' of the Pektron scu or more specifically a duff relay (or pair) in the scu. IMO your 2004 TF is well overdue* if those scu relays haven't been checked out, let alone upgraded. I doubt that the scu would need 'replacing' but if you chose to, I think you'd have to program a brand new pair of fobs for the next scu (since I gather used fobs can't be synched with Pektron; only brand new)

In any case, If I was in your position I think googling 'Technozen' would be my first port of call. Sorry I can't be of more help but I bet he'll sort you out very quickly.

*If it's any consolation my 2010 TF's relays were Technozened in Jan '20 and I thought that was 'pushing it'...

Please keep us posted.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Mg Tf 1.8 2004 pektron engine cutting off 2 years 4 months ago #197588

Thanks for the reply.

The fobs are brand new and they were coded by Paul at Technozen. The fobs are working, locking unlocking and disarming the alarm. Also the car was running good before the old fob gave up 😀

Mg Tf 1.8 2004 pektron engine cutting off 2 years 4 months ago #197589

Hmm...fobs + scu back to Technozen then, I reckon :(

Last edit: Post by ArntyR.

Mg Tf 1.8 2004 pektron engine cutting off 2 years 4 months ago #197600

Is it the original MEMS3 ECU ?
When you log into the MEM3 and look at immobiliser status what does it say? in each scenario?
When you press lock and then unlock, will pscan log into the Pektron?

I am afraid that this isn't a scenario that I have seen before.

Could you try this proceedure:-
Unlock
learn EMS
do NOT start the car
turn the ignition off for 30 seconds but leave key in ignition
remove key
lock with fob
unlock with fob
see if it starts

I am wondering if the MEMS3 only actually learns the EMS when ignition goes off for 30 seconds, but somehow we have to keep the Pektron transmitting the EMS code whilst the engine ECU goes to sleep.

Does that make sense?

If this doesn't work then I have a Rover 25 with MEMS3 and Pektron so I should be able to replicate your problem.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT