Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

The OBD2/EOBD Option 2 years 7 months ago #196706

I’m really impressed with my new PSCAN - programming my new fobs on a Rover 100 was a piece of cake.

I don’t have access to a modern (OBD2) vehicle, otherwise I’d easily find the answer (and it won’t display on my Rover), but I see there’s an OBD2/EOBD option, which I presume is the standard, generic OBD2 data (rather than any manufacturer-specific data).

How extensive is this option in PSCAN? Is it limited to the statutory emissions data, or does it extend beyond that?

Thanks

Martin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Martinr. Reason: To subscribe

The OBD2/EOBD Option 2 years 7 months ago #196711

It is limited to reading error codes, resetting error codes and displaying live data.

Freeze frame data is not yet supported.

Only ISO9141, KWP2000 and Ford SAE J1850 PWM is currently supported.

I would really like to get CANbus working as well, since most vehicles since 2007 use CANbus.

If I could get CANbus and freeze frame data working then I think that pscan would be a pretty decent OBD2/EOBD tool for most cars.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kiwikk

The OBD2/EOBD Option 2 years 7 months ago #196712

Many thanks , indeed. So you could end up with the Rover diagnostics as the bonus add-on package to PSCAN.😁.

I had 2 articles published in Car Mechanics magazine (CM) on the various free Rover software packages (none do immobilisers and most are based around MEMS 1.6). The first was published about 5 years ago, with the update around 10 months ago. When you get CAN and freeze-frame working, that could be a good time for me to see if CM would be interested in a further follow-up article on PSCAN alone, which would bring a bit of extra publicity, and would nicely round off the subject.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT