Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

0432 won't work with engine running 2 years 8 months ago #196703

I'm using the 0432 version of the software and when I start the car it tells me to turn off ignition, wait and then turn ignition back on and I get this message

I do waht it says, turn ignition back on, start car and then it starts over again and turn ignition off. What am I doing wrong?

I'm using a Lenovo Thinkpad T61 with Windows 7.
Mark
95 MGF
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

0432 won't work with engine running 2 years 8 months ago #196704

Is the car a pre 2001 MGF?

If yes then are you selecting either MEMS1.9 (non VVC) or MEMS2J (if it's a VVC car)?

Also try turning the ignition on but without actually starting the engine.

0432 won't work with engine running 2 years 8 months ago #196713

Yes, its a 1995 F and I am selecting MEMS1.9.

I do get information about the engine, ECU, etc. when the ignition is on. Its once the engine is started that I get the communication error.
Mark
95 MGF

0432 won't work with engine running 2 years 8 months ago #196714

A couple of things:-

1. What is the serial number of your pscan interface? Our early units had this problem, but there is an update that can be done to fix it.
2. Have you tried connecting to the MEMS1.9 with the ignition on but not running, and then once you have a successful connection then start the engine?

0432 won't work with engine running 2 years 8 months ago #196715

1. Taped to the bottom of the pscan unit is the number: 000280.
2. Yes and it through the communication error.
Mark
95 MGF

Last edit: Post by mowog73.

0432 won't work with engine running 2 years 8 months ago #196716

Unit 280 needs a hardware modification to make it work, and my records indicate that it has not had it.
This modification is free of charge, but it needs to be sent back to us in order to acheive this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mowog73

Last edit: Post by pscan.uk.

0432 won't work with engine running 2 years 8 months ago #196718

It will take a couple weeks for the unit to get to you from Canada.
Mark
95 MGF

0432 won't work with engine running 2 years 8 months ago #196720

For the benefit of anyone else with the same problem. If your pscan unit has a serial number lower than 304 then it probably needs this update.
The problem appears to manifest itself only with the MGF.
We have not experienced this problem with front wheel drive MG Rovers.

0432 won't work with engine running 2 years 8 months ago #196721

039............just my luck!
Not only do I have to wait while Austpost has 2 opportunities to lose it (trip there and back ), as an added bonus I get to wait whilst the Pomgolian post office gets their 2 opportunities to lose it too!........... should take 'em both about 6 months to lose it! :nonod:
Shit happens! (just seems I have more of it happening than some others) :bust:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

0432 won't work with engine running 2 years 7 months ago #196890

I hate to disagree but my unit is 227 (no hardware update) and I have never had any problems with comms with the engine on. What am I doing right? :-) . My car is a 1998 MGF VVC:

0432 won't work with engine running 2 years 7 months ago #196894

I hate to disagree but my unit is 227 (no hardware update) and I have never had any problems with comms with the engine on. What am I doing right? :-) . My car is a 1998 MGF VVC:

The VVC was initially the worst for this and so I did a lot of work on the software so that when you are viewing live data it basically just displays the data whether it's good or bad.

This is not how these protocols are supposed to work. They are supposed to check for errors and fail or try again.

What I did with the MEM2J is a pretty nasty hack that it doesn't even really check it. Whatever garbage the MGF throws at pscan, it just tries it's best.

So if you look at the screen I am guessing that you will see random dashes and weird data appearing on the screen at times. Some cars are worse than others.

Later on we figured out a hardware fix that makes the data a lot more reliable.

Maybe I could look at whether a similar hack would work with MEMS1.9 ....

But in the end if you want the best experience then you will need the hardware mod.

227 has not been updated.

0432 won't work with engine running 2 years 7 months ago #196900

You are correct - the unit has not been modified. I have neither had corrupted data in terms of dashes (or any other form of visible corruption) nor no data at all. Live data appears to change as I drive and appears to have no gaps in it when I have analysed the data. I have used the unit I guess 40 times and never a visible problem.

In any event, I will return the unit to you for the fix to be applied,

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT