Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

1526 Error Code 2 years 7 months ago #196700

Hi all - can someone interpret the 1526 error code for me. Confused about the ignition switch?

1526 pretensioner circuit right ignition switch fault. I also assume that right means the drivers side of the car, a 2004 MGTF 135 single airbag.

Regards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1526 Error Code 2 years 7 months ago #196705

The meanings of these codes is reverse engineered from other tools as we don't have access to original MG Rover documentation.
My guess is that you probably have a wiring fault associated with the right hand side pretensioner circuit, and the prime suspect for that is the connector under the drivers seat.
Please reply back with what you find; it will help other pscan users.

1526 Error Code 2 years 7 months ago #196861

It appears that "1526 pretensioner circuit right ignition switch fault" indicates a fault when you turn the ignition ON, and the DCU goes through its diagnostic sequence. Simply means a fault is found during the cars diagnostics. Also means it involves the pretensioner. So could be one of four things, 1. the pretensioner, 2. the plug on the pretensioner (under the plastic cowl), the under seat connectors, or the pretensioner wires to the DCU.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

1526 Error Code 2 years 7 months ago #196863

How did you figure this out? If there is good evidence then I change it from "ignition switch" to "ignition on".

1526 Error Code 2 years 6 months ago #196955

HI. I think the current "1526 pretensioner circuit right ignition switch fault" is correct if you think about it. Maybe it should read 1526 pretensioner circuit right ignition switch on fault.

To understand this I was also guided by another forum. As I say once understood it makes sense.

Regards

Robert
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by Fisher.

1526 Error Code 2 years 6 months ago #196957

This is exctract from Workshop manual regarding SRS system on MG F cars:

System check

The warning light, located in instrument pack illuminates when the electrical circuits are switched on whilst the system performs a self diagnosis test. If the system finds no fault during self diagnosis the light will extinguish after approximately 5 seconds and remain extinguished. In the event of a fault in the system, the warning light will illuminate continuously or fail to illuminate during the self diagnosis test.

Fault which is read from the SRS ECU with nunber 1526 provides information that after ignition switch was turn to on state SRS ECU found fault in the right hand pretensioner circuit after it performed self test routine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper, Fisher

1526 Error Code 2 years 6 months ago #196958

maybe "during self test" or something like that would be easier to understand

1526 Error Code 2 years 6 months ago #197079

The following user(s) said Thank You: Roverlike, sworkscooper, Fisher

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT