Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Computer Licensing and Dual Booting 2 years 9 months ago #196415

I'm presuming that if I run Windows and Linux on the same computer, and install pscan software under both operating systems, then that counts as just one computer, not 2.     That's correct?        (The laptop is dual booted with 2 SSD's inside the laptop.)

Many thanks.

Martin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Computer Licensing and Dual Booting 2 years 9 months ago #196416

The fingerprint algorithm is specifically designed to give the same result whether the PC is running Linux, Mac OS or WIndows.
I have a build laptop that boots Windows, Linux 32 bit and Linux 64 bit and the one license works across all three.
I also have an old Macbook Pro that boots MacOS and Linux and that also works as one license.
The fingerprint will also survive reinstallation of an OS, so if you license a PC and then later on need to reinstall the OS, or change the harddrive then the license "slot" will recognise the PC as being the same.
Finally, the PC will not register or link to the interface without asking your permission first.
Just occasionally there have been problems, but I have always been able to solve them.  The licensing is a fully supported feature and if there are problems then you will be supported.

The only exception is that virtualisation is not supported.  It breaks the fingerprinting algorithm and so cannot be used.

Computer Licensing and Dual Booting 2 years 9 months ago #196419

That's excellent. Many thanks for such a rapid and comprehensive reply.

Martin

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT