Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

SRS ecu 2 years 9 months ago #196340

Hi Philip.  I am planning to fit a passenger side air bag to my 05 plate TF which has a blanking plate above the glove box  . Will Pscan be able to program the SRS ecu to see the extra air bag or do I need to buy a used ecu from a TF with two air bags from a scrapyard . 
John .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SRS ecu 2 years 9 months ago #196343

You will need to replace the ECU.  Pscan doesn't have the ability to reconfigure these.  I don't even know if a T4 can do it.

SRS ecu 2 years 9 months ago #196347

Okay , thanks for that Phillip.  From what I have read the T4 can programme the ECU to accept the passenger side air bag .

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Finger trouble .

SRS ecu 2 years 9 months ago #196358

Programability of SRS ECU depends of the MGTF car year manufacture since programmable ECU was available only for models since VIN nunber 5D639631. Before that SRS ECU was factory programmed and you could not alter that by T4.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

SRS ecu 2 years 9 months ago #196359

That's really interesting. Maybe I can get hold of one of these programmable ECUs and give it a go.

SRS ecu 2 years 9 months ago #196361

Hi Phillip,  Roverlike . To be honest Phillip I don't know if it's worth you going to the trouble of obtaining an ECU as you already have long list of things that people ask for . I don't think there will be many like me who want to retro fit the extra passenger air bag .  Thanks for the info Roverlike.  I had sort of worked out that the later ECU that mine has is programmable as there is only one listed and for earlier models there were separate ecu's for either one or two air bags . Cheers guys . 
John .

SRS ecu 2 years 9 months ago #196405

you already have long list of things that people ask for 

this is true
so many plans
so little time

SRS ecu 2 years 4 months ago #197783

I have just fitted a passenger airbag to my 2005 MGTF and I am taking it to an MG garage to see if they can reconfigure the ECU to accept the second unit using T4.

Attachments:

SRS ecu 2 years 4 months ago #197784

My VIN is 5D640649 so the ECU should be programmable however pscan shows the unit as an ABAutoLiv NOT a RC5EC5. Is this because it was a programmable type?

SRS ecu 2 years 4 months ago #197785

I would be interested in knowing how you go on with this as I haven't got round to having mine programmed yet due to illness.
John

SRS ecu 2 years 4 months ago #197786

My VIN is 5D640649 so the ECU should be programmable however pscan shows the unit as an ABAutoLiv NOT a RC5EC5. Is this because it was a programmable type?

I honestly thought that all MGFs and TFs had an RC5EC5 airbag ECU. It seems like maybe that isn't the case.

SRS ecu 2 years 4 months ago #197787

Autoliv is programmable SRS ECU. That type of ECU is used on latest types of MG TFs as explained in my earler post within this thread, where I put info from which ViN number this started.

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.
  • Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT