Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Chasing a P0300 code - feature request 2 years 10 months ago #195775

Hi, I recently bought a pscan unit to track down a flashing EML (P0300 code, multiple cylinder misfire) on a 2002 MGTF steppy.
Some questions for Pscan if I may?
1, According to https://blackbox-solutions.com/help/SM003.html the MEMS 3 stores freeze frame data, can Pscan show this?
2, The above site mentions that MEMS 3 has a flywheel adaption reset, can Pscan do this? My problem has happened since I had the flywheel off.
3, The MIL light is recorded in ISO settings, but the cylinder misfire % is recorded in BMW mode, can the two be merged so that I can see the readings at the time the light flashes?
My Pscan data shows cyls 2&3 have a misfire of 7% and 2% respectivly, under the following conditions; accelerate to 70MPH and 3000RPM when joining dual carriageway then lift throttle to cruise along at steady speed. The light flashes for a few seconds, or until I put my foot down slightly.
Changed Plugs, coils, O2 sensors from another MGTF with no faults, and continuity tested all wiring from ECU to coils etc. Tried swapping the coil and leads from 2&3 cylinder to 1&4, but the fault stays on 2&3. BTW, the car drives great and dosen't misfire at all!
Anyone have any other ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Chasing a P0300 code - feature request 2 years 10 months ago #195776

Hi and welcome to the forum

Sorry but I can't answer your questions but I hope you get a resolution.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Chasing a P0300 code - feature request 2 years 10 months ago #195791

Hi, I recently bought a pscan unit to track down a flashing EML (P0300 code, multiple cylinder misfire) on a 2002 MGTF steppy.
Some questions for Pscan if I may?
1, According to https://blackbox-solutions.com/help/SM003.html the MEMS 3 stores freeze frame data, can Pscan show this?
2, The above site mentions that MEMS 3 has a flywheel adaption reset, can Pscan do this? My problem has happened since I had the flywheel off.
3, The MIL light is recorded in ISO settings, but the cylinder misfire % is recorded in BMW mode, can the two be merged so that I can see the readings at the time the light flashes?
My Pscan data shows cyls 2&3 have a misfire of 7% and 2% respectivly, under the following conditions; accelerate to 70MPH and 3000RPM when joining dual carriageway then lift throttle to cruise along at steady speed. The light flashes for a few seconds, or until I put my foot down slightly.
Changed Plugs, coils, O2 sensors from another MGTF with no faults, and continuity tested all wiring from ECU to coils etc. Tried swapping the coil and leads from 2&3 cylinder to 1&4, but the fault stays on 2&3. BTW, the car drives great and dosen't misfire at all!
Anyone have any other ideas?

Not at the moment.  You are the first person to ask for this.

Not at the moment. You are the first person to ask for this.

I recently merged ISO and BMW features so I am surprised by this.  I will look into this one straight away.

Chasing a P0300 code - feature request 2 years 10 months ago #195826

You were right about live data parameters being different in ISO and BMW modes.  I am working on fixing this now.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, sworkscooper, Commando

Chasing a P0300 code - feature request 2 years 9 months ago #195847

The situation is that the BMW and ISO variants were developed from different diagnostic tools (neither of which were the official T4 tool).
I am going to reverse engineer the official tool and use the protocol definition for both BMW and ISO.  This will take me probably a week to do.
Concerning the other features (flywheel adaptation and freeze frame) I have found these in the T4, so it would be possible to implement them but this is more complicated and so will take longer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, sworkscooper

Chasing a P0300 code - feature request 2 years 9 months ago #195850

Thanks, I'm surprised no one has asked for the others, but perhaps its not that common to take a flywheel off these days.

Chasing a P0300 code - feature request 2 years 9 months ago #196083

Hi, I've finally sorted the (alleged) misfire. After swapping plugs, coils, O2 sensors etc, doing continuity tests on coil and injector wiring, swapping cat etc. with no joy. The individual cylinder misfire readings on pscan showed 0% on cylinders 1&4, and up to 7% on 2&3 when driving on light throttle over 3500 RPM.
As the car is a steppy, I did a gearbox re adaption and all readings are now 0% whatever I do. I assume the flywheel re adaption is done at the same time?
One point to note, the software tells you a certain speed has to be reached (I think  it was 35MPH) and lift off throttle, allowing the speed to fall. When I drove it after resetting, it felt like it was in 1st gear and would never reach 35MPH ( I was getting about 15MPH at 4500 RPM). When I read the workshop manual, I saw that you HAVE to get to 5000 rpm for the adaption. When I hit 5000 rpm, the gearbox changed up and up went the speed to 35 MPH.

Chasing a P0300 code - feature request 2 years 9 months ago #196094

Hi and welcome to the forum PyroMGTF

Pleased you have sorted it.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Chasing a P0300 code - feature request 2 years 9 months ago #196098

I am glad you got it sorted.
I am near to finishing the new live data.
The number of parameters that you can pull from these ECUs is huge so it's quite a lot of work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Chasing a P0300 code - feature request 2 years 9 months ago #196209

The following user(s) said Thank You: Commando

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT