Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

PScan/SAWS combination 3 years 1 week ago #195497

Just used the recent PScan/SAWS collaboration to flash a SAWS remap file onto my TF135 ecu. 

Easy-peasy
Can't go wrong, two fabulous products...well-pleased!

The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by ArntyR.

PScan/SAWS combination 3 years 5 days ago #195506

Did you obtain the remap from SAWS or another source? 

PScan/SAWS combination 3 years 5 days ago #195507

Yes SAWS is the only current partner in this collaboration as far as I know.

There are other major tuners, Emerald + KMaps come to mind, but none that I know of with maps that can be made more (easily) accessible through the car's OBD by modem/PScan. I've always been aware that the usual method is to remove + post the ecu (or call in for treatment)

I wonder how long it'll be before other 'names' join in; I mean d-i-ying your own remap (I think with the option of a trial period) in an area that doesn't often encourage 'amateurs'?...wowee!

(If you google SAWS there's a really comprehensive 'how to' that takes away the 'darkness' of the process. And PScan ensures that you can't 'mess up'...)

PScan/SAWS combination 3 years 5 days ago #195508

For the time being pscan will only offer home/self tuning of SAWS maps.
The reason for this is that it was a joint effort and SAWS gave me a lot of assistance with this, and so it seems only fair that they get the benefit of it.
Also I need some time to work on other features.
This isn't a permanent situation though. It is possible that other tuners could come on board at some point. However if you want a tune this summer then I can only support SAWS.

Also note that the Chinese built MEMS3 ECUs are not supported, only the MG Rover ones. If you have one of the Chinese built TFs then you need to buy a suitable used older MG Rover ECU and fit that to the car and then tune that. I am told that this is a tried and tested path. You just keep the original ECU somewhere safe and refit it if you ever want to sell the car or something like that.

PScan/SAWS combination 3 years 4 days ago #195510

.......There are other major tuners, Emerald + KMaps come to mind,...)

Emerald only offer a stand alone system which requires some rewiring and potentially some new sensors. IIRC you are looking at around £600 to get started. However the owner can do their own mapping.

KMaps are similar to SAWS in that they remap the O/E ECU. They offer a postal or "at a show/meet" service with a generic map based on any alterations you have made or offer a full service at their rolling road near Silverstone. They don't offer any self tune option.

I was planning on sticking with my MEMS 2.0J but have considered swapping my mk1 VVC to MEMS 3 now that SAWS offer this option.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

PScan/SAWS combination 3 years 4 days ago #195511

Some useful info there.
Sorry, when I said 'diy-ing your own remap' I meant an owner applying a professionally modified remap to their own ecu through their own car's OBD at home. I'm not sure many owners would even begin to know how to 'self-tune'/remap their own files.

PScan/SAWS combination 3 years 4 days ago #195513

yes the words are important.
It means applying a map yourself, at home, to your own car, but with a map that you got from SAWS.

That's the only thing that pscan supports right now.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT