Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Chip tuning with pscan 2 years 11 months ago #195747

Thanks for the prompt reply.
So in anticipation of being swallowed up, I 'park' my current folder elsewhere on the hard drive and re-download PScan which will give me the current 0430 and if I prefer to use 043f pull that folder onto the screen instead?
Yep that'll work for me...thanks again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Chip tuning with pscan 2 years 11 months ago #195749

Apart from MacOS you can have multiple parallel installations on the same laptop.
However if you are worried about a new version somehow misbehaving then I would strongly encourage you to test new versions as the come out, rather than ignoring them and clinging onto an increasingly old version.
Honestly, if a new version somehow messes up an existing feature I will fix it, but this works best if people are testing it and reporting any problems.

Chip tuning with pscan 2 years 11 months ago #195750

Yep. I renamed the 'old' PScan file 'PScan 043f then opened up a new file on my desktop called 'PScan 0430'.
Copied the 'old' installer into it and used it set up a parallel installation.
And just in case 043f gets updated by default, I copied it onto another partition of my hard drive so that I can drag 'n drop it onto my desktop again if that happens...
That sound an ok method?

Chip tuning with pscan 2 years 11 months ago #195751

That should work (except for a Mac).
There is one corner case (for complete transparency).
pscan consists of two versions of code.
There is the software on your PC.
There is also a processor inside the interface itself.
Updates to the code running on the processor inside the interface are rare, it's much more difficult to write embedded code for the interface so I tend to do as much as possible on the PC software.
However occasionally it can be necessary (so far on average it's been once a year or so).
If a new version of the PC software needs to update the interface code, then it will update it.
Once it updates previous versions of the PC software are not going to work anymore, and it won't be possible to roll back.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT