Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

"init fail", the pc cannot connect with the car 3 years 7 months ago #194024

Hello, my car is a MGF 1999 with power steering lamp on. I installed the pscan-program to my computer yesterday. I think the installation was correct done. When connecting to the car, the green lamp on the pscan interface is blinking, pscan.uk 042A appears on the screen, port AQ0045S7 is preselected, next the different scanning options appear, I mark power steering and MGF EPAS and int mode slow. The program tries to connect, but the prosess ends with "init fail". Any idea what to do??? Thanks, Ingar

Please Log in to join the conversation.

"init fail", the pc cannot connect with the car 3 years 7 months ago #194025

Make sure that power is getting to the EPAS ECU.

If it not receiving power then it will not communicate with a diagnostic tool.

Ideally you should find a circuit diagram and probe the wires as they go into the ECU.

"init fail", the pc cannot connect with the car 3 years 7 months ago #194026

Problem is there is no connection to any other scanning option either. Engine runs as normal. The only problem with the car is the power steering.

"init fail", the pc cannot connect with the car 3 years 7 months ago #194027

Please try the RC5EC5 airbag option. It's a different pin on the diagnostic port.

Do you have access to any other Rover or MG cars?

"init fail", the pc cannot connect with the car 3 years 7 months ago #194029

Sorry no good results. When checking the airbag option, first window says "checking K line", next window says "K line fault", and then it goes back to the menu. May be I will meet some MG-folks tonight, I will bring my PC and ask if I can test pscan on their cars. Thank you so far.

"init fail", the pc cannot connect with the car 3 years 7 months ago #194030

Do you have an ammeter?

Please put your use your ammeter to short pin 7 of the diagnostic port to chassis and see how much current this draws.

"init fail", the pc cannot connect with the car 3 years 7 months ago #194044

Hello, good morning! Well, there has been som progress since yesterday, but the main issue is still not solved... Yesterday night I connected the pscan to a 2004 MGTF, connection was ok and I could read his EPAS ECU, no faults. I checked my battery voltage, 12,7 volts, did alltohugh charge it over the night.Today, first, I got connection to the airbag ecu! Second: I got connection to the engine ecu when selecting MEMS 1.9 (is that right? (missing user manual....?)). Some error codes came up: 1,2, 27 and 28. But there is still no connection with the EPAS ECU. Do you still want med to connect an ammeter and short pin 7 as you suggest? My problem is to locate pin 7. I do have the electrical workshop book, but it does not number the diagnostic-connector pins. Thanks for your assistance.

"init fail", the pc cannot connect with the car 3 years 7 months ago #194045

If you are successfully connecting to the engine ECU then you don't need to do the ammeter test.

You still need to verify that the EPAS ECU is receiving power. If it isn't receiving power then it won't talk to a diagnostic tool.

"init fail", the pc cannot connect with the car 3 years 7 months ago #194046

Yes, I did today, find the green wire on the EPAS ECU-connector, pin no 8, delivering power to the ECU, measuring ca 13.5 volts when ignition is on. There was also power on the brown wire to the ECU witch supports power to the steering motor. But still no contact between the pscan interface and the ECU box.....

"init fail", the pc cannot connect with the car 3 years 7 months ago #194047

It's probably time to look for a used EPAS ECU.

"init fail", the pc cannot connect with the car 3 years 7 months ago #194049

Yes, that's already on my mind, there are some options on eBay. Thank you for your assistance. But, is there somewhere a user manual for the pscan?

"init fail", the pc cannot connect with the car 3 years 7 months ago #194050

No there isn't.

The instructions are basically built into the software. In general you can just click on and try any feature and it won't do any harm. In specific cases where something has some risk then the software will warn you (but only in English I'm afraid) and provided that you follow the instructions on screen then you will be fine.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT