Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Cannot access SRS on MGZR 1.8 52 plate 3 years 9 months ago #193674

Hi,
I only received my Pscan this morning so go easy on me.

Has anybody gone into the SRS menu and had a problem where none of the options make a connection?

I'm trying to find out what fault I have that is leaving the SRS light on. I had removed the seats and it was ok prior to this. Also where do I find a list of the fault codes and what they mean? Previous testing equipment I have used gave you a breakdown of what the fault was.

regards
Aiden

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Cannot access SRS on MGZR 1.8 52 plate 3 years 9 months ago #193675

I had a similar problem some years ago. the pscan had been connecting ok to my 03 mg zs v6, but one day the srs light came on, and when i connected the pscan it would not connect anymore. it turned out that the srs ecu had failed and once i replaced it ,it was fine again.
the pscan unit does more than just list a code, it comes up with some text that helps as well.
i had noticed when i had the problem - that when i turned the ignition on the srs did not flicker off then on again as it had done previously - which helped me to think it was trhe srs ecu that had failed.
i have used my pscan mainly for srs problems and it has been very useful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aideym

Cannot access SRS on MGZR 1.8 52 plate 3 years 9 months ago #193676

Hello Aiden
A 52 plate ZR will almost certainly have a Temic V1 SRS ECU..
Check the fuse for the SRS; if the SRS ECU has no power then it won't communicate with a diagnostic tool.
Also it's probably worth checking that power is actually getting to the fuse as well.

Cannot access SRS on MGZR 1.8 52 plate 3 years 9 months ago #193677

I'll give that a try tomorrow.
THank you
Aiden

Cannot access SRS on MGZR 1.8 52 plate 3 years 9 months ago #193678

So I had a look at the fuse. Rechecked the connections on the seats and I'm still not accessing the SRS ECU. It briefly flashes the menu, less than a blink of the eye and goes back to the previous menu. From this do I take it the ECU is knackered? If so will any ECU from a breakers do or will I have to have this one repaired?

regards
Aiden

Cannot access SRS on MGZR 1.8 52 plate 3 years 9 months ago #193679

hi, does not sound quite the same as what i had a few years ago. to fix it all i did was identify the srs ecu part number - having removed the parts needed to access it, then i bought a matching part number off ebay. changed it over, and it worked straight away and has been ok since. There are different part numbers for those cars with pass and driver airbags or just a drivers one.
i think you will also have to see what philip says about what pscan is doing..

Cannot access SRS on MGZR 1.8 52 plate 3 years 9 months ago #193680

Does pscan work alright on the other ECUs on the car?

Cannot access SRS on MGZR 1.8 52 plate 3 years 9 months ago #193681

Absolutely. I've accessed the faults on the ECU and cleared them. Checked the ABS data and had a brief look at some scary stuff in the body menu.

Cannot access SRS on MGZR 1.8 52 plate 3 years 9 months ago #193682

If you want you can send me your SRS ECU and I will try it on my test rig. It might be cheaper just to buy another one though.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Aideym

Cannot access SRS on MGZR 1.8 52 plate 3 years 9 months ago #193683

Will Pscan programme a replacement ECU. I can pick up a replacement Tuesday

Cannot access SRS on MGZR 1.8 52 plate 3 years 9 months ago #193684

No, you need to find a replacement that has the same number of airbags as the original. Provided you do that there's nothing to configure.

Cannot access SRS on MGZR 1.8 52 plate 3 years 9 months ago #193756

hi, did a replacement srs ecu solve your problem.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.119 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT