Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

P0300 multiple misfire detected. 4 years 2 months ago #192578

Hi,
I have just had slight misfires and the engine management light come on after a short journey. My mind goes to multiple issues from plugs to fuel.
Does PSCAN diagnose cylinder misfire, or is P0300 as detailed as it gets.

I have read various suggestion on line all of which could lead to lots of cost chasing the issue.
UPDATE
After a bit more investigation, I suspect it may be one cylinder when the engine is cold. Last night the water temp hadn't risen before stopping (getting the wine) and starting again when the issue happened. Putting my foot down caused the problem to worsen.
Today it was a bit lumpy until the engine warmed a quick 30 mile trip seemed to show no issue ( Wife driving and me looking at live data) Slight variation in coil charging.....don't know if it is significant...or what is normal.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Nik P. Reason: Udate on issue

P0300 multiple misfire detected. 4 years 2 months ago #192586

Hi. It's a while since I used my Pscan but as far as I remember it will point to the cylinder that's at fault. I have a TF and also had this miss fire fault . I found the fault was corosion at the number one coil pack and the lead that goes to the plug . I have since found this on three other TF's . Once the coil pack and leads were replaced the miss went and of course the fault code cleared with Pscan. I could obviously be a different area that's causing the problem but it is worth checking the coil pack and leads .
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nik P

P0300 multiple misfire detected. 4 years 2 months ago #192587

Thanks, I had the coil pack issue on my previous LE. The description on PSCAN could be ambiguous if you don't know. Multiple could mean across cylinders or many times on one cylinder or a combination over time.
As the coil pack controls two cylinders I think I will replace the plugs, leads and coils at the next opportunity...(when the hard top is off for summer)

P0300 multiple misfire detected. 4 years 2 months ago #192588

Well I appreciate that the car may be your daily drive but just a word of caution. If you are going to wait until the hard top comes off / summer before you attempt to sort the problem, you must be made aware that the multiple miss fire of an engine will be dumping unburnt fuel straight into the exhaust and that could well cause damage to the cat .

P0300 multiple misfire detected. 4 years 2 months ago #192594

No worries, when the engine started to go lumpy on acceleration, I put my foot on the clutch and coasted whilst the car returned to idle and then the engine warning light came on. As I was slowing down the idle returned to normal and the light went out. I gently nursed it home, it wasn't far.
Next day the warning light didn't come on, I checked the code and whilst the idle was a little lumpy, when the engine warmed up it performed normally.
If this returns I will do the plugs etc straight away.

I know the cost (To my son) if you drive with continual misfires....Not to be done under any circumstances.

Many years ago (Montego company car) I had an issue when on short journeys, if you turned the car off before temperature was reached it would misfire or not catch until warm. Who knows....I will still do the coil and plugs as this is the first incidence with this car and with the weather (Rain, wind, etc)
Thanks for the Advice:)

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT