Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Virtual machines are not supported message 4 years 5 months ago #191951

Hi,

When I open the pscanloader application on my laptop it comes up with the "Virtual machines are not supported" message under the port selection bit. Any ideas what could cause the program to think my laptop is a vm? For now I got it working on an older laptop, but I would prefer to use my current one of course.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Virtual machines are not supported message 4 years 5 months ago #191952

Hi and welcome to the forum Jonathan

Which version of the pscanloader are you using?

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Virtual machines are not supported message 4 years 5 months ago #191955

Version 0426:

Virtual machines are not supported message 4 years 5 months ago #191956

The first thing to do is to make sure that there aren't any device drivers on your laptop that shouldn't be there.
I have found that the best way to do this is to download Device Cleanup Tool from here https://www.uwe-sieber.de/misc_tools_e.html

You need to run it as an administrator (right click on the program and select "Run as administrator").

I you are feeling brave you can just select everything and then under Devices select Remove Selected. However this will delete everything that isn't actually connected to the laptop right now (so USB things like memory sticks and maybe printers) and they will need to re-install when you plug them back in.

A more cautious and sensible approach is probably to look for things like graphics cards that are obviously not supposed to be there and delete those.

If that doesn't work for you then I have a test program which will tell me exactly what the problem is.

Last edit: Post by pscan.uk.

Virtual machines are not supported message 4 years 5 months ago #191957

Unfortunately removing the non-present devices had no effect

Virtual machines are not supported message 4 years 5 months ago #191959

Please download this http://pscan.uk/download/win32/pscantestpc.zip
Run the program that is inside the zip file, you don't need to install it or save it anywhere in particular.
Once it is running hit the "Test" button.
Copy all of the text that appears into a PM or email to me.
This should contain the information that I need to figure out what the problem is.

Last edit: Post by pscan.uk.

Virtual machines are not supported message 4 years 5 months ago #191982

For the benefit of anyone else who has this problem, it currently seems that pscan is not compatible with Citrix xendesktop at this time.

Virtual machines are not supported message 1 year 10 months ago #199354

Hi Philip,

I've encountered this problem and yes, I have Citrix on this machine (I need it for work).

Is this a problem that can be resolved? My old windows tablet has taken to not recognising the pscan at all at the moment, and I cannot figure out why!

Virtual machines are not supported message 1 year 10 months ago #199390

Rob, please can you download the test program mentioned above and run it on the machine that has Citrix on it and send me the output.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT