Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Logging data to a file 3 years 10 months ago #193459

I have a re-mapped Mems 3 ECU and get a P0501 rough road detection code. I suspect that the re-map may have been done on a non-ABS car and then when uploaded to my car which has ABS. I'm concerned the ABS may have been affected and was hoping to track the live data so I could investigate further. On ABS cars I believe the rough road signal is passed from the ABS ECU on a hardwired output to pin 78 of the Mems ECU. How this works I am not sure but the signal is in the form of a square wave digital pulse train of between 0 and 5 V at 8000 pulses per mile. On non ABS cars there is a reluctor ring is fitted to the LH rear wheel and provides 48 pulses per rotation which is adapted and then sent to the same pin. I can't find this live data on pscan is this something you can add to the "wish list"? Thanks

Is this on a Rover 75 or a 25/45/MGF?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Logging data to a file 3 years 10 months ago #193461

TF

Logging data to a file 3 years 10 months ago #193538

Just thought I'd share this data file. I did a 5 minute drive logging all the live data using pscan from my car. The car drives well with no problems. Note that after 3 minutes and 14 seconds it's got 155kPa intake manifold pressure (that's because it's got the 1.8 turbo engine in). However I'm a bit confused about some of the other readings and I was hoping someone more knowledgeable could help? i.e.
• how it calculates the inlet temperature as I think the later cars didn't have an inlet temperature sensor
• Why the vehicle speed always reads zero
• not sure what the "Torque conv clutch pos sens voltage" is
• or the "Adaption of throttle valve act motor"
• or the “Additive mixture correction IV error”
• Why injection time reads zero at 3 minutes 15 seconds
Thanks
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon-Mini

Logging data to a file 3 years 10 months ago #193551

I'm not sure about the rest but

"• not sure what the "Torque conv clutch pos sens voltage" is"

is for the stepspeed.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Logging data to a file 3 years 10 months ago #193558

I assume it’s short for “Torque converter clutch position sensor voltage” and as mine is a manual gearbox it’s probably irrelevant, I’m just confused by it. It looks like the voltage is related to both rpm and manifold pressure which could suggest it was an output from Mems to the gearbox ecu controlling the CVT. It would be good to know if other people have this signal on manual gearboxes or if this is another spurious signal which was introduced when my car was re-mapped?

Logging data to a file 2 years 8 months ago #196454

In version 0432 I have improved the data logging.

The old way was that the protocol would cycle through all of the selected parameters and dump the data into a big table in memory, simultaneously the graphic user interface would cycle around at a completely different rate, collecting data from the memory and rendering it onto screen.

For looking at live data on the screen that was fine, because the human eye can't really tell how often it updates, but for the tsv files it was producing multiple lines with the same data, and hence appearing to update faster than the screen was.

From version 0432 the protocol now timestamps every piece of data it collects from the ECU and also puts the timestamp in memory.

When the graphical user interface is cycling around and around it will only display, or log to file data that it hasn't seen before.

Also the timestamp in the left column of the table should now be a lot more accurate.

Logging data to a file 2 years 2 months ago #198374

Can the fuel trims be logged. If so how do I do this? Thanks
Pete

Logging data to a file 2 years 2 months ago #198375

If it appears on screen then it can be logged. The logging just intercepts what is going to the screen and dumps it to a file.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT