• Page:

Topic

SatNav holder 10 months 4 weeks ago #202385

• Bobb's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bobb
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Hi,
I have an old SatNav that I use in my MG TF. It’s about 3 inches square and I’m looking for a holder that I can attach to the ventilation vents.
Any ideas?
Bob

Please Log in to join the conversation.

SatNav holder 10 months 4 weeks ago #202386

I made one up that sits on the 2 central vents, the problem is the sun washing it out if the hood is down so in effect it only works with it raining or at night! If your interested I can post some pictures but it's not ideal, the only way I can see it working is to put a box round it but hopefully someone's come up with a more practical solution.

SatNav holder 10 months 4 weeks ago #202391

Just as long as you can see the registered speed why worry where your going. I might have picked up North Yorkshire Mad Man Of The Week award by giving it all its beans whilst getting out of the way of a tar truck arsing about endangering traffic. I’m awaiting confirmation, postie has yet to come.
Sat navy’s have been responsible for more people getting lost since their inclusion in the first cars. People don’t know their left from their right & can’t count, “take the third left & you’ll be at your destination”. If your destination is to smash through a gate into a field full of pigs which are now running all over a dual carriageway then we’ll done.
Stick to Ordnance Survey, they’ve been at it for over 250 years, with just a pinch of Google Earth.
And the big plus know where your going & know how to get back. I know I said why worry at the header, but I recon you’re all bright enough to understand context.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MAXTHEDOG

SatNav holder 10 months 3 weeks ago #202401

I bought one from Halfrauds with vent or suction cup fittings the make was Scoosche, it's spring loaded and opens not about 3 1/4" . Hope that helps

SatNav holder 10 months 3 weeks ago #202423

Just a heads up, do not stick anything in the central vents, there is a little plastic clip in there that easily breaks and is not available, so you end up with only one louvre that moves. I spent ages devising a mount that used the main body of the vent for my large (5.7" ?) sat nav only to find the sun washed the screen out. Never mind I enjoyed solving the problems and making it, I'm now considering putting a beer tap on it with a keg and chiller under the bonnet to help the weight distribution of the TF.

SatNav holder 10 months 3 weeks ago #202425

I'm now considering putting a beer tap on it with a keg and chiller under the bonnet to help the weight distribution of the TF.

Now that’s a useful modification!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

SatNav holder 10 months 3 weeks ago #202426

Would you work on a Dandelion & Burdock cooler & tap please for those who are passed a piss up & stick your GPS to the bottom right hand corner of the windscreen.

SatNav holder 10 months 3 weeks ago #202429

I’ve often thought of a nitrous oxide bottle with two hoses coming off it………one going to the engine and the other to a mask for the driver!

A belt of giggle gas will take the edge off the pain, resulting from the inevitable shit haemorrhage of an over boosted engine!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

SatNav holder 10 months 3 weeks ago #202431

You are advocating a hoot of one through the mask & a squirt from the other pipe to the engine. I wonder how many imbibations it would take to get the order wrong & ending up turning your sphincter inside out.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT