Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

OIL TEMP GAUGE 11 months 1 hour ago #202329

Morning everything seems to be working as it should,except the oil temp.gauge .I would have expected,that it would show a reading after 5 or 6 miles.Where on the engine is the sensor situated to save me hunting all over the engine as its quite a tight area Len

Please Log in to join the conversation.

OIL TEMP GAUGE 10 months 4 weeks ago #202334

Don’t worry about the oil temp gauge…….it’s about as handy as tits on a bull!

Oh and keep posted for my explanation of the hydragas suspension system, I haven’t had time for such a lengthy subject yet.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

OIL TEMP GAUGE 10 months 4 weeks ago #202337

If you want to measure oil perimeters accurately, dispense with the clock & the oil clock & fit a proper oil pressure gauge & temperature gauge. There’s something odd about the existing gauge if you have a VVC engine, the system doesn’t much care for a proper gauge, so I left mine connected & tucked it behind the dash promising to sort it out later. This later I alluded to is an unspecified time, much as it was two years ago when I fit the instruments.

OIL TEMP GAUGE 10 months 4 weeks ago #202338

Hello thanks for the advice ,I had the car jacked up on ramps ready to look for the oil temp sensor Am I dcorrect in thinking ,that its the item at the end of the oil filter .Its just that sinc the car is running so well I would have liked the one item that isnt working to be correct .But as you said I dont need tits on a bull .Nothing to do with MGs but interesting photo Len
DONALD RUMP
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

OIL TEMP GAUGE 10 months 4 weeks ago #202339

If the plug for the oil temp lead,is the one on the filter "casting "how does it come off I cant see a push section to release it Len

OIL TEMP GAUGE 10 months 4 weeks ago #202340

Checking the plug which goes to the filter casting,there is only one lead going to it,yet it has two holes for two leads in it Is the one lead for ,the oil light

OIL TEMP GAUGE 10 months 4 weeks ago #202344

This is a photo of the o/p lead from the end of the oil filter .There are two possible connections on the plug,but only one lead to it ,which I assume is for the oil light ,on the dash .Or is the oil temp sensor somewhere else Len
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT