Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF Rear View Mirror light lens 11 months 5 days ago #202323

It could be easily done, I linked a wire into the DRL circuit & used one wire from my front to back trunk & fitted a T5 lamp socket in the rear light fittings. I replaced all the incandescent T5’s in the high level brake light with LED’s a while ago & had some spared over, plus I also had some T5 fittings.
Nothing goes to waste when you keep a pig.
Then it’s “simply” a matter running a link up the hinge loom & routing it through to the vent. You invent a ground point & as I said they’re self adhesive. To illuminate the side vents is to link into that circuit & find a ground.
Now I’ve regained my guts & am capable of operating autonomously without worrying about where the nearest bog is, we’ve been off walking. Whilst out today I was wondering about using a Raspberry Pi or Arduino as a basis of a CANBUS type system, where a data bus carries information to a local controller. Instead of carrying an already switched medium current feed to each of the lamps, a pulsed dc supply, at a medium current is distributed to the various lamps as required by the rear controller. You would need to use LED’s but there again I do.
Don’t tell anyone about this, I’ve more than enough to be going on with. Please.
M

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Airportable.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT