Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MGF Rear View Mirror light lens 11 months 1 week ago #202298

Hi all, I noticed that the right hand lens for the rear view mirror courtesy light is missing. After a quick web search and it seems it's not available, only the complete mirror assembly which I don't need. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement? Here's a photo of the item I need.
Cheers
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted pic

MGF Rear View Mirror light lens 11 months 1 week ago #202299

If you go on Rimmers or any of the other supplies who use the EPC & see if the entire assembly is the same as that used in the 200/25, 400/45 or the 75, if they are you are more likely to find these cars in a general scrap yard than either an f or a tf. This is the only source of twiddly bits now. When you consider other niche cars, we are extremely fortunate in being served so well by the company's up & down the country.

MGF Rear View Mirror light lens 11 months 1 week ago #202300

Thanks for the reply Airportable. After a couple of searches, it would seem that particular mirror isn't on any other car other than the MGF/TF (I'm sure that can't be true!). I agree with you about a breaker's yard.

MGF Rear View Mirror light lens 11 months 1 week ago #202301

That's a bit daft isn't it. I've no recollection of what the other Rovers use, but there's little wrong with the design used in our cars, I know we take the piss about it being a parts bin special but when you have a good design using it across a range makes sense. You wouldn't carry the seat from a 2CV over into one of Citroen's executive cars but a rear view mirror is functional.

MGF Rear View Mirror light lens 11 months 6 days ago #202304

Actually same type of rear view mirror is used in Rover 200/25 MG ZR, Rover 400/45 MG ZS and MG F/TF. Difference is that MG F/TF has reading lamps built in.
Same mirror with reading lamps fitted was available as accessory fitting for Rover 200/25 MG ZR and Rover 400/45 MG ZS. So if anyone opted for this accessory fittment you might get lucky and find one on the scrapyard.

Other option is 3D printing kt with transparent material.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

MGF Rear View Mirror light lens 11 months 6 days ago #202306

something ive wondered; is there a switch to enable the reading lights in the mirror or do they only come on when opening the door ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

MGF Rear View Mirror light lens 11 months 6 days ago #202308

If you look on the photo kindly provided above you will see the two switches adjacent to the lamps, left for the left lamp & - - - -

MGF Rear View Mirror light lens 11 months 6 days ago #202310

If you look on the photo kindly provided above you will see the two switches adjacent to the lamps, left for the left lamp & - - - -

I couldnt find the photo but it wouldnt surprise me to know there is a hidden switch i havent found. Up until last week I had spent much more time working on mine than driving it. I had unhooked the hood at the rear to access the engine cover 20 or so times before i actually dropped the hood in the normal way from the front.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

MGF Rear View Mirror light lens 11 months 6 days ago #202312

Red circled are switches

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Notanumber

MGF Rear View Mirror light lens 11 months 6 days ago #202313

The F And TF being roadsters, there are few places to have effective interior lighting, so probably the easiest way out was to adapt an existing piece of hardware.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

MGF Rear View Mirror light lens 11 months 6 days ago #202315

I came off the back end of a job with several COB LED light strips (15mm x170mm). These were e-bay specials at not much more than a couple of quid each & self adhesive. Available in several colours; the four white ended up, two in the hard top at each side above the doors & two in the soft above the windscreen. At the moment they connect via a three pole connector, however my plan is to make contact plates so which ever top is on the lights engage without farting with plugs.
Of the other similar lights, the orange ones went on the wing mirrors as indicator repeaters & a couple of blue, under the vents on the boot which come on with the DRL. These are not me really “Me” but I’ve grown (or groan) to like them. The orange indicator repeaters didn’t last long in this form & are now much improved with another experiment in style!

MGF Rear View Mirror light lens 11 months 5 days ago #202320

I like the idea of the lights under the boot vents, had you considered any in the side vents too ? It could look good if done subtly
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT