• Page:

Topic

MGTF Tyre query(probably again!) 11 months 3 weeks ago #202066

• g4wam's Avatar Topic Author
  • g4wam
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Hi there,
I need to replace my front 15" tyres which have on good old TOYO PROXY T1R , done 25000 and 7years and hold the road like a gokart.
But it seems the T1R has been replaced by the TR1 -does anyone know if this TR1 variant is any good?

secondly it would appear that a new tyre FALCON ZEISS ZE310 has been tested by Roger Parker/Andy Kitson and found to be good for all conditions.

My question next is would it be ok to fit 2 ZE310 on the front whilst wearing out my rear PROXY T1R ,s

regrds

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGTF Tyre query(probably again!) 11 months 2 weeks ago #202081

The new toyo variant does get similar feedback to the old one. Personally, I now use Falkens with no issue.
However the F is much more forgiving with tyres than the TF.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

MGTF Tyre query(probably again!) 11 months 2 weeks ago #202092

• g4wam's Avatar Topic Author
  • g4wam
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
David,

thanks for that -to go back on a point -do you think it would be ok to fit the FALKEN ZE310's on the front whist wearing the rears down?
Here's another query to ponder from yore experience ..my fronts have worn only on the edges the meat of the tread is still at 6mm ..does this suggest wrong tyre pressures?

thanks
Mike

MGTF Tyre query(probably again!) 11 months 2 weeks ago #202116

I hesitate to give an opinion on the tyre match up for a TF as all I know is that the car is very particular with mixed tyres. It would be handy if a TF owner could contribute to the discussion.
Tyre wear of both edges suggests under inflation, by a lot, to leave 6mm in the centre. Possibly worn suspension/ steering components could cause a similar wear pattern.
Obviously, wear on one edge is an alignment issue.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: More Clarification
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.083 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT