Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

1999 MG F 1 year 1 week ago #201667

Good morning and a happy Easter to all. I had trouble ,with the door locks on my MG F and managed to source an early pair which Ive fitted Also they work a treat .However since they wern`t new ones, they are still 24 ?years old, so they could be trouble in the future. Someone on the Forum suggested disabling the alarm system .What are the effects of doing this and is it worth it Will it stop future problems I realise it will stop the car from being protected from being broken into Answers please from those who know Len

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1999 MG F 1 year 1 week ago #201668

An easy option if it starts nuisance alarming at night, would be to just pull the connectors off the horns, you should still have the indicators flash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Notanumber

1999 MG F 1 year 1 week ago #201675

If it becomes a problem worry about it then, you've had an up hill struggling so far, now is the time to enjoy the car. I've been up & down the M6 with the hood down today, a truck could have clipped a stone, punched a hole through the windscreen & knocked one of my remaining teeth out, it didn't happen. Worrying about what might happen = staying at home.

1999 MG F 1 year 1 week ago #201685

The majority of random false alarm issues are caused by the internal movement sensor. If you lock the car with the key in the door lock rather than the fob, this isolates the internal sensor but the doors and boot are still protected.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: digcot65

1999 MG F 1 year 1 week ago #201694

Dont mention the M6 I1m still feeling the whiplash effect from when a 25 ton lorry wrote our car off in January .He said since he was unable to see me ,he assumed I had taken the slip road to leave the motorway These lorries have blind spots,which they should correct by having extra mirrors If it had have been lower down the M6 where its busy I dont like to think what might have happenedLen

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT