Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201509

Morning ,I managed to find two door locks for my MG F and I noticed,when looking around for a pair,mine were different to most for sale When I finally saw a matching pair,I was told they were for an early "F" its noticable ,that the wiring is different. Does anyone know as a matter of interest if the later locks would have been OK, or are they matched to the ECU .I`ll start to fit the locks later today and keep the progress posted
I`ve fitted the locks and though they now give a nice clean click on and off.rather than the old ones which gave a chattering sound ,the alarm is still on.When the ignition is turned on ,then the alarm goes off the the top 3rd light up from the alarm light is on Any help very much welcomed
Photo is to show the difference in the early lock and the lights
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber. Reason: Added pix

Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201511

As has been said before the light that you are concerned about is the EPS light . It comes on sequential when the key is in position two & when the the engine fires it is the final lamp to extinguish after both the charge light & oil pressure. Worry about it only if it remains on after the engine is running.

Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201512

Thanks for quick reply I appreciate what you say,but when ign turned on the alarm goes off and can`t turn engine over.So the EPS light doesn`t have chance to go out Ive done so much on the car ,to correct things its quite disheartening still to be "carless" Len

Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201515

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Try pressing unlock on your keyfob whilst the ignition is on, this should resync the mobiliser and clear the alarm
The following user(s) said Thank You: digcot65

Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201519

The mk1F locks are not compatible with later car wiring. I believe the plugs/sockets are different.
David
:shrug:

Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201520

Thanks its a good job I looked around to see a matching pair for mine I have finally got the car running,by matching the fob up Len
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Notanumber

Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201522

Thanks to everyone in the Forum who gave me their advice It was very much appreciated Len
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201524

Great stuff, it’s seems to have been a long haul but your tenacity has paid off & has your nemesis, the EPAS lamp, stopped plaguing you.
And a quick question on the lock mechanism to David. Your car is a mk2 f I believe & you say your lock mechanisms aren’t plug compatible with later cars, I find this interesting as when I had lock problems I simply ordered the first one I came across at the price level which I felt appropriate (cheapest).
Was I fortunate in receiving the correct part?
Mike.

Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201525

You can see on the photo of my old lock,thee extra wires

Re:Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201527

The difference may be related to Lucas v Pektron

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Re:Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201530

This would be a possibility if the three cars in question were not all MGf, two Mk1 & if David confirms a Mk2. The Pektron unit didn’t come along until in to the tf period. A good thought though. Thanks.

Re:Door locks 1 year 3 weeks ago #201538

Morning when I was looking for a replacement ECU I looked for ages,to find one which matched the wiring on mine When I saw a breaker advertising the one I wanted I contacted him He said it was the early version of the ECUs fitted to the early MGFs and they were very rare . He didnt say ,they were interchangeable ,but I thought it best to get a matching one .Which paid off .I can now find cosmetic work to do when I feel like it .The body is excellent and the engine registers only 63000 which checking past MOTs seems to be correct Len

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT