Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Comfort level with early TF?? 1 year 1 month ago #201437

Hi all,. A quick question please - all very subjective, but your opinions welcomed! I have driven some basic 'F' models with and without a properly renovated/rebuilt suspensions (and a world of difference found there - so much for "pumping up"!), but I have not yet driven a TF. Can I ask, is the early version (all I can afford!) overly 'firm' a ride as I understand that they softened it in later years??? I am not after maximum cornering ability, but an attractive cruiser with the roof down!
Regards, Richard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Comfort level with early TF?? 1 year 1 month ago #201438

The early TFs have a much harder ride than a good F IMO though they are fine on a good road surface. It's only really noticeable to me on cobbles/potholes or other cut up roads.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgkeen

Comfort level with early TF?? 1 year 1 month ago #201443

That's VERY helpful I live in Norfolk and our roads are pretty awful with potholes and sinkages! When did they change to a softer setting? Richard

Comfort level with early TF?? 1 year 1 month ago #201444

I have a 2002 TF which has 15" wheels and standard suspension. The 15" wheels, having higher profile tyres than the 16" option, are supposed to give a slightly softer ride than the bigger wheels with low-profile tyres. The down side is that you cannot have the larger (304mm) brake discs under the 15" wheels.

I find the TF to have a firm-ish ride, but better than the kit-car (Griffon110) that I used to drive. I only found it to be uncomfortable on some of the really rough minor roads on Exmoor. At the end of the day, it is all a question of personal preference. I am tempted to buy and fit a "Softride" suspension kit. I understand that Rimmers have just produced a newly designed kit: https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-RP1746. My wife says she has no problem with harshness of the existing suspension set-up, but I think that this is connected to two factors:
1. The price of £415
2. The anticipated 4 - 10 hours of me in working the garage!

Comfort level with early TF?? 1 year 1 month ago #201447

<<<snip>>>When did they change to a softer setting? Richard

MY2005 -

It can be fitted to earlier cars, use MY2005 soft ride kit.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Comfort level with early TF?? 1 year 1 month ago #201449

Brilliantly descriptive! Many thanks, Richard

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT