Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Intermittent wiper click / clicking noise 1 year 1 month ago #201085

I don't think this problem is new or unusual but I could not seem to find anything about it using the search function.

My wipers work properly in all speeds.

My issue is that there is a clicking noise that seems to be coming from the relay (although perhaps it is the wiper linkage or motor) when the wipers are on the intermittent setting. There is no noise in any other speeds. Yesterday was probably the first time I used the intermittent wiper function, so my feeling is that this 'problem' was already there since I purchased the car in 2020. This car is not my daily driver and does not see much rain.

I can live with the noise, provided it is not a prelude to a malfunction. I have read various things about this topic on other sites and am just not certain what it is. Is this normal? Any advice?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Intermittent wiper click / clicking noise 1 year 1 month ago #201086

Check the joints of the wiper linkages. They have a nasty habit of wearing and then popping off at the most inconvenient moment...
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goodwood

Intermittent wiper click / clicking noise 1 year 1 month ago #201087

If it is as David has pointed out, loose joints on the linkage & I agree, you can buy repair clips to push over the failing joints, these will reinforce them until you acquire replacement rods. Or just stick with them & avoid the rain.
You will pick them up off eBay for less than a fiver, £3-75 at last glance.
Found under windscreen wiper repair clips, they describe themselves really. M
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goodwood

Intermittent wiper click / clicking noise 1 year 1 month ago #201095

Thank you for the advice. I will order a piar of clips and fit them as a precautionary measure. Seems like a simple solution.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT