Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Diagnostic tool for MERMS 1.9 1 year 1 month ago #201036

I had been using a Chinese copy of the Delphi DS 150E diagnostic tool in connection with a MEMS 1.9 successfully for a few years

Now it’s a bit temperamental so was thinking of replacing it with a different Chinese diagnostic tool, when I purchased the Delphi, the sellers would list the cars it was compatible with and the Rover MGF was one that was listed

Looking now for a replacement I don’t see many scan tools mentioning the cars the are compatible with apart from the few that say the likes of Ford, Toyota, BMW, Reno, VW popular cars, but nothing other than the common cars

I was looking at a (Chinese copy) diagnostic tool called “WoW Snooper” my question is has anyone any experience if this works on an MGF with MEMS 1.9?

Many thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Diagnostic tool for MERMS 1.9 1 year 1 month ago #201039

Hum, that’s a bit like going to a restaurant & asking the manager if he’s tried the new restaurant up the road & if he can recommend it.
For the most part the T-Bar is, if not actually in bed with Pscan, certainly on good terms.
That would be my recommendation, it’s a device dedicated to Rover products & their close relatives, you would be buying a dedicated unit, UK designed & built by an enthusiast for others who share the same interest. If you’re having problems you can come on here & folk will clamour to help. You will be able to gather more information, change parameters & enable devices, a facility which would be unlikely to appear on a generic device.
At the end of the day you pays your money & you takes a chance & if it doesn’t do what you want it’ll involve you in a lot of farting about sending it back. And it won’t receive regular software updates.

Diagnostic tool for MERMS 1.9 1 year 1 month ago #201042

thank you for your reply, If it was solely for MEMS 1.9 / 3 Pscan would be a good choice, I want a diagnostic tool I can also use on our MR2 Roadster & Ford Fiesta, our son’s Mini Cooper S (2020 model year) and our daughters BMW M4,

I know most if not all these Chinese diagnostic tools will cope with the above OBDII, I would rather not having to buy one dedicated for the MEMS 1.9

So I’m only asking if anyone has knowledge of WoW compatibility with MEMS 1.9 surly this should have nothing to do with whether Pscan is an advertiser or a supporter of the forum,

isn’t this a bit like saying you don’t talk about other tyre makes that work well with MGF/TF’s as one of the tyre manufacturers XXXX is a good contributor of the forum and it would be rude to mention what other tyres are like on the MGF?

I’m sure there are owners out there who have tried other diagnostic tools, I would like their opinions if they have any to share

Diagnostic tool for MERMS 1.9 1 year 1 month ago #201044

I accept you admonishment. Over the last years I’ve divested myself of other vehicles & as such my interests have narrowed, possibly to the point of tunnel mindedness & thus I failed to consider others wider vistas.
You are correct in your assessment, however if your interests are with Rover group products & derivatives, I can see nothing better than the Pscan.
Mike.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mollydog

Diagnostic tool for MERMS 1.9 1 year 1 month ago #201045

The problem with one size fits all solutions is that you find that it’s always the one size that fits no bastard properly
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: trevtherev

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT