• Page:

Topic

MG TF Tyres 2 weeks 5 days ago #200930

• IanC's Avatar Topic Author
  • IanC
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Hi

Please could anyone help with some up to date information on replacement tyres for my 2003 MG TF which runs standard 15" wheels. I have seen Toyo and Falken suggested, so any advice will be welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG TF Tyres 2 weeks 5 days ago #200931

You've answered your own question. They can be difficult to find in the correct sizes but Demon Tweeks are a good source of Falken Ziex ZE310 Ecorun and Toyo Proxes TR1.

I have the Falkens but others are likely to advocate the Toyos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IanC

MG TF Tyres 2 weeks 5 hours ago #200952

I have TOYO Proxes TR1's fitted to my 96 Mk1 MGF, I have 195/50 R15 on the front and 205/50 R15 on the rear, i have also increased the rear pressures to 32psi as these were the best pressures that VHS achieved on the testing of this tyres for the MGOC. The car holds the road like GLUE. I have also had re-gassed spheres fitted (In March 2022) and have the ride height set at 360mm.

The only experience i has had with Falken tyres was on some 16'' wheels which i had borrowed, i found these to be very grippy, but a noticeably harder tyre, but i noticed the back breaking away on damp road surfaces,

I paid £250 for the four Toyo's fitted and balanced, whereas Falken's would have been £50 more.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, IanC

MG TF Tyres 1 week 2 days ago #200980

• IanC's Avatar Topic Author
  • IanC
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Hi, Bryan. Thank you very much for the information. I now have four Toyos on my TF. I went to a local trade/retail outlet and they were very helpful: their view was that these are the only suitable tyres. Whilst their prices are very reasonable, sadly four Toyos now cost £355.00!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2023 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT