Sign In   Register

Topic

Coolant hose reliability 1 year 4 months ago #200814

You’d better take some of that coolant then
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Coolant hose reliability 1 year 4 months ago #200815

Plugs out & dried with a blow lamp, dob of oil from dip stick on the choke butterfly shaft which now returns on the spring, a blast of easystart & after the third pull off she went.
Happy days, I’m glad it wasn’t the diesel one.

Coolant hose reliability 1 year 4 months ago #200817

Bertl. Delete what you like. Makes no difference to me. Respect is earned. Steve posted drivel then attacked my character. I feel no need to apologise or change a single word. So I won't. I can enjoy the car just fine without the T bar and I think that will best suit us all.

Coolant hose reliability 1 year 4 months ago #200818

That would be a shame. I found your approach to certain things refreshing. During your twelve month journey you have romped through jobs, resolved problems, been entertaining & brutally honest. You may have spent long enough in France to acquire that Gallic outlook which is corrosive enough to compel their farmers to torch imports of British lamb from time to time. You have certainly roasted some folk on here, my guess is that you would like to singe a few more beards; thank goodness I’ve just had a shave for the festivities.

Coolant hose reliability 1 year 3 months ago #200820

Invalid or non-existent item ID.Invalid or non-existent item ID.

The VW tank sounds interesting, in what way is it better?
And do you have a part number or precise model and model year for the part you used.
I presume (always dangerous) that you have it wired to an aftermarket buzzer or similar in the cab. Is that right or have you connected it to an existing instrument, and if so which one please?

If you read page two of this; https://www.mgfregister.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=10757&start=20 you will acquire enough knowledge as to whether it is for you, the basics are; a more robust tank that fits easily and this low level sensor; . The VW expansion tank is like this one; Make sure that you buy one with the blue cap and preferably with the wiring plug. If buying new then make sure that the pressure is of a reputable make.
I got my power source from the reverse light switch, you could use both sides of the switch to operate a test circuit to determine if the sensor is working every time you use reverse gear,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by MGB281.

Coolant hose reliability 1 year 3 months ago #200821

Can we just go back to the beginning?
Regardless of coolant it is probable that one or more hoses are more likely to fail sooner than the rest.
My question was which ones (if any -or are they all similarly prone to fail).

Re:Coolant hose reliability 1 year 3 months ago #200822

In my experience of over 15 years, the only two hoses I have had to replace due to failure are the small, almost u shape one from the engine block to the thermostat housing and the longer one that has the plastic jiggle valve on the top (it split on the juntion where it branches off), this was before the change of coolant so I'm not saying if that has any bearing but I have not had any failures since, the rest as far as I'm aware are original from 2001, again just my experience I dare say there will be others with different experiences. Hope that helps, Merry Christmas.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Re:Coolant hose reliability 1 year 3 months ago #200829

The only hose I have had to replace, circled.

There is an internal reinforcing piece that can become loose and ends up blocking the flow of coolant at the junction with the metal engine pipes.

This hose is specific to the F, the TF has a simplified layout that can be swapped in.
David
:shrug:
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.
Time to create page: 2.839 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT