Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Converted my MEMS 1.9 equipped MGF SE (Wedgwood) to MEMS 3 1 year 3 months ago #200759

Sorry for the lack of pics, but basically I made a hybrid engine loom from a TF and grafted it onto my F engine loom, so that I didn’t have to change or alter the main body wiring loom.
Added complication was the fact was my car has factory air conditioning ( retro fitted by me and ABS also retro fitted by me )
Cross referencing between two different wiring diagrams and working out which wires went to where was time consuming, also having an eureka moment when I realised that MEMS 3 cars control the heater functions of the lambda sensors directly, making the relay in the Engine management control relay redundant, avoided a possibly costly mistake.
This took around three days including testing to ensure wires went to the correct points. It also helped having two spare complete MGF looms and a Rover 75 loom to pinch correct colour wires, pins for ecm connectors etc.
Refitted to car, connected up, linked MEMS 3 to immobiliser using PScan, fired up first go.
Just need to weld in a second lambda sensor boss on my exhaust and I will be fine to go :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Airportable

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Converted my MEMS 1.9 equipped MGF SE (Wedgwood) to MEMS 3 1 year 2 months ago #200958

This is something I have been building up to for the last decade but from MEMS 2.0J (mk1 VVC) to MEMS 3.
I have several spare engine looms but just have never got around to it.

The ECU should be fine without the second O2 probe, it is only there to confirm the cat is working correctly.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnny the Fox

Converted my MEMS 1.9 equipped MGF SE (Wedgwood) to MEMS 3 1 year 2 months ago #200964

In Switzerland, with Mems3, no need to have an omissions test (as fully OBD3 compliant, With Mems 1.9 or 2J requirement to have a gas test every two years). However, I suspect the Swiss will still require a test but may even not allow one to change the ECU to Mems3 (even though an upgrade).

In the UK what are the rules now?

Last edit: Post by julianfoulger.

Converted my MEMS 1.9 equipped MGF SE (Wedgwood) to MEMS 3 1 year 2 months ago #200968

All vehicles have a fully inspection every year, coaches, buses and lorries over 3.5t from a year old, other vehicles from 3 years old. That test includes a strict emissions test and is based on the age of the vehicle so is slightly easier for older vehicles.

This inspection is known as the MOT (Ministry Of Transport test). Some vehicles over 40 years old are exempt although many owners of these vehicles will get them tested anyway.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Converted my MEMS 1.9 equipped MGF SE (Wedgwood) to MEMS 3 1 year 1 month ago #201055

I added my downstream oxygen sensor and connected it as per the wiring diagrams, but when I check the operation of it with my PScan, the voltage stays around 4.5 volts , with the now wired EML lamp on the dash coming on after a few days driving.
I swapped the sensor for another one and same thing occurred.
Thing is when I disconnect the sensor, the values drop to around .90 V, which I assume to be a default.
I have taken some screen shots of my laptop showing fault codes and running values of the sensor.
Just to add, the car has alloy manifold, 135 cams, 52 mm alloy throttle body and blue injectors. I am sure that standard injectors for Mk 2 F and TF were black, the blue ones are 160 ones.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pics inserted
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT