Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Coming weather or not. 1 year 3 months ago #200669

Minimax, now short of his mainstay drive has a four hundred mile trip in his f, I sincerely hope he isn’t driving in the sort of conditions I’ve come through earlier.
Getting the back out is always a bit of fun but when the back steps out of line & your road speed is ten MPH you know that the pretty snow above has a demon relative below.
My f is tucked away for its winter slumber & the various off season jobs that are required, wire brushing the subframes & rebuilding the brake callipers etc.
so irrespective of whether your out in this weather in a sensible drive or you are out in your MG take care.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Coming weather or not. 1 year 3 months ago #200670

To prepare of the on coming weather, we need sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat for ourselves and a bloody good check over of the cooling system, and possibly a regas of the aircon for our cars…oh and a cooler full of refreshing drinks and ice creams, some swimming trunks (or not if you’re not bashful) and a towel in the boot. :bust:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Coming weather or not. 1 year 3 months ago #200671

Bugger off !

Coming weather or not. 1 year 3 months ago #200672

Yesterday's run was fairly uneventful, one slight slip under braking, lots of limited sections for roadworks and considerable congestion. The F performed nicely and at one stage was given a good clear out on a clear bit of road. Slippery inter village routes were not too challenging but I shall route South of London for the return journey this afternoon as snow is forecast around when I am due to be on the M25 with the precious cargo of Mum's mince pies and extremely volatile Christmas Pud. Stay safe out there friends.
Oh, and Cobber;
Hope your fridge packs up!

Last edit: Post by minimax.

Coming weather or not. 1 year 3 months ago #200674

This post made me smile, my main transport has two wheels, so my TF is a winter option when the conditions suggest four wheels are beneficial over two! My daily commute is circa 140 miles so plenty of chances to get the back to step out if I'm not too cautious!

Coming weather or not. 1 year 3 months ago #200676

I am sorry. In these days of blanket inclusivity to exclude bicyclists is frowned upon, or at least that is what I’ve heard on the grape Vine.
So can I extend my comments of caution to all cyclists, tricyclists, whether motorised or not & those who might commute by quadruped. There are those lucky bastards who are now entering their summer months who might saddle up a kangaroo for their trip to work but the chances of this are vanishingly small. Care in this circumstance must be paramount as one of those big red buggers could easily bugger off into the outback & you won’t be doing much work for a while.

Coming weather or not. 1 year 3 months ago #200680

Home safe. 207 miles in three hours and ten minutes. Quite foggy and a decent flurry of snow but the now filthy F took it in its stride.
Lunch at Hintlesham Hall was better than usual and I met the two year old great niece who needed a big bowl of ice cream to stop playing with her two toy cars. No need for a DNA test with that one - she's definitely one of us!
The following user(s) said Thank You: LanderMG

Last edit: Post by minimax.

Coming weather or not. 1 year 3 months ago #200683

Bugger of
f !

:omg: :nonod: :lol:

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper.

Coming weather or not. 1 year 3 months ago #200699

Bugger off !

I see my post has the desired results……..my work here is done! :woohoo:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Coming weather or not. 1 year 3 months ago #200705

:woohoo: :clap:

Coming weather or not. 1 year 3 months ago #200714

I still smile at the memory of driving to work at 5 o'clock in the morning one snowy February, roof down and light snow - wipers off, roof off......

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT