Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Unexpected duties. 1 year 5 months ago #200386

Last week, the plans went up in the air as my lovely Ford was involved in an accident in France. I am still somewhat battered, but back in the UK following a couple of days in hospital with the Ford due to be repatriated at some yet to be defined time. I am hoping it will be repairable as it took some finding. In the meantime, the MG is being pressed into service. The hood was given a good dose of Fabsil in the Summer and doesn't leak, there are new tyres and wiper blades recently fitted and I have a heated rear window. Compared to many of the cars I have owned before, it is luxury travel so I am counting my blessings.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Unexpected duties. 1 year 5 months ago #200397

Get well soon both you and the Ford
The following user(s) said Thank You: minimax

Unexpected duties. 1 year 5 months ago #200479

Sorry to read about the accident, I hope you are back to your normal self quickly.

What is your lovely Ford?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: minimax

Unexpected duties. 1 year 5 months ago #200483

Thanks for the kind thoughts. I'm still a bit bruised, to my surprise. I must have given my spine a good jolt. The Ford is a mark 8 Fiesta. One of the last three door cars and without a gpf, it is beautifully constructed, very well specified, economical, quiet and it has the chassis of a Driver's car. I have never owned a more complete and satisfactory car and would put it in my all time top five alongside the bargain Merc estate for toughness and solid engineering ,the 900 Turbos for design, speed and sheer cool (at a price,) the free BX Turbodiesel estate to which I fitted Aircon and hauled loads in it for 80,000 miles at about 50 mpg on cheap French DERV and the incomparable and beguiling CX.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.108 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT