Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

OBD reader Somset 1 year 5 months ago #200367

I've had my engine warning light come on periodically for ages without any reduction in performance and unfortunately neither of the OBD adaptors I bought tell me the codes. The car developed kangaroo petrol today and I suspect the issue is the lambda sensor, but I'd like to check.

Anyone in Somerset near Bath/Radstock/Wells have a reliable OBD reader they would be willing to plug in if we meet up in a suitable pub where suitable compensation for your time will be provided.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

OBD reader Somset 1 year 5 months ago #200373

As n update, having driven the car a bit more, I'm 90% sure the issue is a failed lambda sensor - the one after the cat. I've spoken with Martin Smith at https://martinsmithmgspares.co.uk/ and he has one in stock so will go and pick it up. Hopefully he'll be able to plug in and read my fault codes whilst I'm there, as I suspect one of my engine temperature sensors is dodgy too.

OBD reader Somset 1 year 5 months ago #200374

My understanding is that the one after the cat does not affect running et al. The one before the cat does. I only have a pre-cat lambda MGF version so do check my statement.

With my MGF, other than if I disconnect the battery, I never appear to get fault codes (my wife's Audi is very different) and just not sure how good the MGF is at identifying and recording codes.

Last edit: Post by julianfoulger.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT