Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mg tf instrument cluster 1 year 6 months ago #200200

Hi my speedo instrument cluster has broken and i need to get a replacement but looking around there are all different part numbers my one i think is YAC001610XXX my question is do i have to replace like for like or are they all pretty much the same my car is a MG TF 135 2002 any help would great as I'm a bit confused thank you.

MR ROBERT TURNER

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mg tf instrument cluster 1 year 6 months ago #200201

There are at least six different types. The LE500 is very different, rare and sought after, so you are unlikely to buy one of those by mistake. Early MGF units may be identified by MG logos on the two main gauges and a mechanical odometer. These definitely will not fit. The later MGF dials have the LCD but no MG logos so you are looking for the following combination for a TF: MG logos and the LCD. You will also need to ensure that the rev counter is at the same redline as yours.

Mg tf instrument cluster 1 year 6 months ago #200202

Thanks for your reply, so does that mean that any will fit as long as it's from a 2002 model onwards because mine is a 2002 135, also could i swop the speedo with the odometer to keep the correct mileage to the car.

Last edit: Post by 1030bon.

Mg tf instrument cluster 1 year 6 months ago #200203

Well. yes, but what exactly do you think is wrong with your existing one? I ask as they are generally very reliable, which is why they are so cheap when the car is broken.

Last edit: Post by minimax.

Mg tf instrument cluster 1 year 6 months ago #200204

Its burnt out on the printed circuit my fault when testing for panel lights problem in 2 places idiot me

Mg tf instrument cluster 1 year 6 months ago #200205

Ok, I would fix that but I will assume that you cannot. They aren't difficult to remove but which parts no longer work? Clocks or lights?

Last edit: Post by minimax.

Mg tf instrument cluster 1 year 6 months ago #200206

I did try soldering but burnt through not that good at it, have a replacement ordered now, but can I swop the speedos over to keep the original mileage do you know ? and thank you for your help appreciate it.

Mg tf instrument cluster 1 year 6 months ago #200207

YAH100790 is the PCB Rimmers £24.

Mg tf instrument cluster 1 year 6 months ago #200208

Didn't think of that, but the 1 that I've ordered is £30 so not to bad, sorry to repeat asking but can you swap the speedo/milometer over to keep the mileage the same ?

Mg tf instrument cluster 1 year 6 months ago #200209

Depends what else you've buggered up.

Mg tf instrument cluster 1 year 6 months ago #200210

Ok thank you for helping me out appreciated

Mg tf instrument cluster 1 year 6 months ago #200216

Speedo and tacho are easily replaced, just bolt on so it will be no problem to get a replacement to fit. From mid 2004 the automatic gearbox warning light was replaced with a low level coolant lamp, which may be handy if you intend to fit one.

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1030bon

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT