Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Coolant fluid level electrical plug 1 year 6 months ago #200137

• TaffD's Avatar Topic Author
  • TaffD
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
Does anyone have a picture of the wiring plug location for the coolant reservoir level sensor?

My 2004 TF had a spit in the coolant reservoir, so I bought the B&G kit with the wiring harness. I then read all the articles and need to see if my loom has the plug, if so, the kit then becomes unnecessary. I have found a plug that fits the level sensor but I don't know if it's the right one. Can anyone help?

Thank you. Dave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Coolant fluid level electrical plug 1 year 6 months ago #200140

Look in downloads for the diagram appropriate to your car & locate the section which covers the low coolant sensor & you will find the colour code for the wires. Compare those with the colours on the plug & job done.

Coolant fluid level electrical plug 1 year 6 months ago #200141

On my late 2005 one the colours are Black/Green and Black.

If that helps.

Coolant fluid level electrical plug 1 year 6 months ago #200144

• TaffD's Avatar Topic Author
  • TaffD
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
Thank you Airportable and Sejin99 for your responses. I will take a look at the colours tomorrow. I have been looking at the wiring diagrams, for the plug I thought was spare but is mounted above the coolant reservoir behind the small hose that goes to the top of the coolant reservoir.

Coolant fluid level electrical plug 1 year 6 months ago #200145

That will be the correct connector for your coolant tank. When testing it out, make sure its operated for 30 seconds or more (maybe 60 seconds, I forget) as there is a dwell on the circuit to prevent the light from flashing on and off when the coolant is cold and at a lower level and sloshing about giving the float switch a bit of a a bouncing. hold the sensor down and wait until you see the alarm warning light come on.

Sundance

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT