Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

CVT Gearbox speed sensor And speedo speed transducer earth point 1 year 5 months ago #200134

• Harry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Harry
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
I have a malfunction for the CVT speed sensor but changing the sensor hasn’t fixed the problem. Both the CVT speed sensor and the speedo speed transducer are supposed to earth to a point described as C0807 which is a 6 mm tinplate female located “rear of engine compartment”
I have attached an image of the site but I can’t find it on the car. —- 2003 TF
Can someone please give me a clearer idea of the exact location?

Thanking you in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

CVT Gearbox speed sensor And speedo speed transducer earth point 1 year 5 months ago #200135

If it's just an earth, could you just use another convenient earthing point.

CVT Gearbox speed sensor And speedo speed transducer earth point 1 year 5 months ago #200138

• Harry
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Thanks for that and ultimately I may have to cut into the wiring near the sensors to create another earth but I can’t actually find this blessed wire that is supposed to be connected to the earth point shown.
I would hope a simple clean would be enough if I can find where it attaches

CVT Gearbox speed sensor And speedo speed transducer earth point 1 year 5 months ago #200164

• Harry
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Found it!
It attaches to the engine block at the same point as the main earth strap that goes from the engine block to the body.
The body section attaches below the big fuse that is under where the TF reinforcing bars attach at the rear of the engine compartment. They are C0565 and C0807

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT