Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Exhaustive searching for a flexipipe 1 year 5 months ago #200104

Hi all,

I need to change the flexipipe section of the exhaust in my TF, can anyone recommend a supplier from experience? There seem to be quite a few suppliers with some really good prices, but from experience really good prices can mean its not the greatest to fit/to last. I did wonder about Mgfntfbits as a mid price-range purchase but would appreciate any advice. (I really would like to have bought stainless steel but sadly that's out of my price range so will have to settle for standard)

PS. the back box has Unipart embossed into, is that an original?

Michael

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Exhaustive searching for a flexipipe 1 year 5 months ago #200129

I ended up buying one from mgfntfbits and it fitted straight on, I did replace the cat and rear box at the same time, but bought all three parts from different places (just to be awkward).. the fun bit was the fact the front O2 sensor is mounted in that section, in the crook where two pipes go into one.. I ended up using a grinder to free it (it being a Sunday and the chances of getting a replacement exactly zero) but in hindsight, I’d get a new one.. the issue most have with the section you’re replacing is that it’s too short, so the bend at the rear catches on the central lashing point under the car.. the mgfntf one ‘just’ fits, lastly I recommend prepping the mating faces with scotchbrite, preferably on a drill attachment.. mine had a dot of weld spatter on it which would have been annoying!
Oh and I used hi temp silicone (just a wipe) gasket for the faces too, (touch wood) it’s been fine ever since! Some 3000 miles..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT