Sign In   Register

Topic

EPAS and PSCAN 1 year 6 months ago #200160

This is all great stuff & proves what an inventive lot we are, much more interesting than tyre pressures, plug gap & other hardy perenial questions, all of which are answered many times over in articles on T-Bar & other forum. Thanks, Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

EPAS and PSCAN 1 year 6 months ago #200170

Thankyou, I believe that is the MGTF ECU that picks up speed from gearbox sensor.....

All cars get a signal from the speedo.
Mk1 F has a mechanically driven speedo.
MK2 F and MGTF have an electrically driven speedo using a signal from a gearbox sender.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

EPAS and PSCAN 1 month 1 week ago #206072

Ive been working on an EPAS transplant for a while but only just spotted this useful thread.

Is anyone able to confirm the EPAS (pink wire from EPAS ECU) does actually connect to pin 7 on the OBD2 port please ?

Adding anOBD2 port to the MGB so I can use PSCAN to talk to the MGF EPAS system could be handy neat but i'd like to double check the pin as I couldn't find the pin out details for the OBD2 on the RAVE circuit diagrams.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

EPAS and PSCAN 1 month 1 week ago #206073

Is this of any help? (OBD2 port is the same for all 2003 cars)

MG TF mk1

MG TF mk2

Attachments:

EPAS and PSCAN 1 month 1 week ago #206076

Thanks. I didn't realise that the obd2 port's pin 7 was shared by multiple ecus.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

EPAS and PSCAN 1 month 1 week ago #206077

I have had access to the Rovacom system whenever I’ve wanted to do any checks on my car, which is one reason for my reticent in your earlier post. It’s expensive & it’s not mine, although it spent a lot of time with me until recently.
One apparent aspect of its operation seemed to be a series of hand shakes when initially connected up. Almost a stock check or the calling of a register to make sure all were present who should be present.
This might not be the case, it was just the way I rationalised in my mind. Obviously if that we’re the case, pscan would address the system, find only one member in attendance & scratch it’s head & ask for another headcount.
This is obviously not the case or pscan wouldn’t give you the green light.
As with all the extramural experiments I’ll be watching with interest. I really will have to get myself a pscan, then I can join the mainstream.
It feels a bit like when I had an Acorn Archimedes whilst everyone one around me had a PC.
M

EPAS and PSCAN 1 month 1 week ago #206082

The Acorn users definitely had better exposure to programming. I was the silly bugger with an Amstrad PCW with 3 inch discs that weren't compatible with anything else.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

EPAS and PSCAN 1 month 1 week ago #206083

Being an Arc user was a bit like Billy no mates & although there was a PC emulation mode it was just slow. I invested a lot of money in a system for work, but I wanted the kids to do a bit more than play “James Pond” & they did, hence the Arc.
We still used a heavily modified BBC B to design PCB’s; rubberband the circuit, press return & forget all about it for a few days.
M

Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT