Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Cheater window rubber 1 year 7 months ago #199943

Has anybody removed the window rubber channel from the lower part of the cheater, I'm trying to access the 2 screws that connect the upper and lower parts of the cheater. I think its just glued into place but would appreciate help from anyone that's done this, picture attached below which hopefully explains the rubber channel I mean.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Added pic

Cheater window rubber 1 year 7 months ago #199944

I'm finding it a bit hard to make the picture out, what with it being black on black on black! What's the round thing? It might help to understand what we are looking at. Mind you, I doubt I'll be much help anyway :-)

Cheater window rubber 1 year 7 months ago #199945

I have one in my office will take a look, sure I have done one of these

Mike

Cheater window rubber 1 year 7 months ago #199948

Bruce the round thing is the mounting hole for the wing mirror which incidentally when I took it off had a broken mount so one bolt had been replaced with a 3" wood screw. I wondered why that screw cover didn't sit flat now I know.
I got the rubber channel out in the end, it is only glued in but I had to save it as I could not find it separately online, if anyone knows differently let me know as if this works I will have to do the driver's side (again).
I have now with a judicious bit of filing managed to cramp the cheater/bottom channel joint over by about 1mm which I hope will bring the top of the cheater in by about 4/5mm. When I adjusted the driver's window I found it impossible to get the cheater to align with the screen pillar and gave up. Since then I've looked at the cheaters on every TF I see and most have the same problem so it's not just me.
I've taken a couple of pics and if it works (fingers crossed) I will post them with an explanation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT