Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

gear lever clip 1 year 7 months ago #199874

Hi,
I notice a slight snap when I change gears, especially front to back, not left to right. For instance, I'm driving in third, want to select fourth, and when moving the lever from 3d to 4th there's first a slight snap. 4th to 3d same thing happens. I removed the knob and gaiter to have a look inside. Looks quite neat, in fact. There is slight play on the lever bearing, but the snapping sound/feeling seems to come from the little white clip on the right, that moves ever so slightly in its metal housing when you move the lever forwards or rearwards. Is this white clip supposed to be greased or lubricated? And if so, what with? I doubt if it matters, but it's a 2004 TF 160 VVC…

Picures, thousand words, and all that… The white plastic square thing to the right of the lever.

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pic added

gear lever clip 1 year 7 months ago #199875

Hm, on closer inspection instead it seems to be the 14 mm bolt on the other side, that fixes the lever bearing to the yoke. Maybe the problem described in step 8 of this thread http://mgf.ultimatemg.com/group2/DIY/gear_lever/index.htm on sloppy gear change at ultimatemg?

I suppose it'll take the slight snap a while to turn into a sloppy gear change…

Richard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT