Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Early morning MOT 1 year 8 months ago #199800

I’ve had a hectic few months & apart from driving the car nothing, other than those things that a conscientious MGf owner should do before turning the key, has been done; I kicked the tyres a few times.
Half way through the holiday from which I have just returned my wife casually ask about the MOT & it ran out two days before we got home. I rang my usual MOT tester & 8-00 this morning was the first & only appointment he had this week. So still a bit dilapidated from a long drive yesterday I went to pull the car from the garage; the battery was low, so the booster pack zipped it into life. An hour later I was back home with a fresh 12 month ticket with no advisories.
Happy boy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Early morning MOT 1 year 8 months ago #199801

:woohoo: :clap: :woohoo: what a great way to end the Hol .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Early morning MOT 1 year 8 months ago #199809

I've signed up to the DVLA service that sends you a text a month before the MOT is due and even if you get it done straight away you keep the original anniversary date.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Early morning MOT 1 year 8 months ago #199812

Thank you for that nugget, it’s not often you are offered a free service from a quasi governmental body, especially one whose very existence revolves around collecting as much money & by any means.
Maybe they are wanting to show their more humane side, after all you can look up some historic details on your cars.
However this could be a double edged sword; if you are blissfully unaware of this meeting with an emissions probe & its being rattled around your exhaust pipe until the day is all but upon you, your sleepless nights will be fewer than if you were to be alerted a month early.
Unless you are as fortunate as I who just chucked the car at the tester & walked away with first prize.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT