Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Pscan 1 year 8 months ago #199739

I'm considering investing in a pscan I understand that you can code new key fobs. My question is I have one working for but the spare fob doesn't would a pscan allow me to reprogram them both?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pscan 1 year 8 months ago #199740

Yes. I programmed 4 Lucas based fobs (3 new and 1 existing). You can do a max of 4 per car (the car's ECU limits you to 4)

Pscan 1 year 8 months ago #199741

Thanks for the prompt reply I better order a pscan. Just one other question did you find the process easy?

Pscan 1 year 8 months ago #199742

You just need to be sure why yoir second fob is not working. Was it working before and now stopped? If that was the case is it resynced with car, or it possibly has damaged or dry soldering contacts?

Pscan 1 year 8 months ago #199743

We bought the car 4 weeks ago and the guy said he had never used the spare fob and it probably needed a new battery. Should have checked it out more but it's such a clean example and a good price we just bought it. We did replace the battery and try to resyn it but no success. We live and learn🤔

Pscan 1 year 8 months ago #199744

Before trying to code the fob with PScan I would advise you to check that spare fob does not have dry soldering or some elements missing. In case of dry soldering resync will not work, you would need to resolder the fob and try to resync again. If elements missing then you will need another fob in order to resync it or programm it.

One question popped my mind as I cannot see from which year is your car - what type of fob you have? If Pektron fob (oval with logo in the middle) then resync is not necessery.

Pscan 1 year 8 months ago #199745

Once again thanks for all your replies and suggestions my vehicle is 2004 TF135. Yet another question I have the oval key fob and if it doesn't need to resync any suggestions how I can test the non working unit ?

Pscan 1 year 8 months ago #199746

You have Pektron system and fob. This fob does not require resync. As soon you change the battery it should work. If it is not working then either new battery is bad (not uncommon), battery is placed upside down or fob is bad or that fob was never programmed to your car.

However you cannot program such fob to your car as you are missing barcode that comes with new fob. Any secondhand Pektron fob cannot be programmed to alarm box since rolling code went too far from initial barcode window and programming method will not be able to pair alarm with such fob.

In this case you need brand new fob with barcode in order to be able to program it with PScan to your car.

Pscan 1 year 8 months ago #199747

I must say I so impressed with the amount of replies and the speed of reply. Once again thank you all I can see I will be regularly here mostly with questions but long term maybe some answers but don't hold your breath😀
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT