Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Door handles 1 year 9 months ago #199439

Hi all,

Apologies, its been a while since I was last on, but my passenger door handle decided to give up the ghost and I was just wondering what the recommendations might be...

Do I try and araldite it back together? is there a metal replacement (I've seen the chrome ones)? do I pay the eBay 'scalper' prices? or does anyone have one spare? :lol: :lol:

Cheers

Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Door handles 1 year 9 months ago #199441

Having just done the drivers side one I know in my case araldite or 2 pack epoxy wouldn't have been strong enough, they do take quite a bit of stress. I stand to be corrected but I think the chrome handles are plated plastic not metal so no different apart from the look.
I got mine off Facebook/marketplace and paid £15 but it was the wrong colour so it cost that again to respray and lacquer it The drivers side failing is more common so if you can get a pair it may pay in the long run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy661

Door handles 1 year 9 months ago #199444

Deepfat is spot on.

I recently replaced both sides for new and sprayed using a can - due to the small size one can achieve a good finish.

Expensive for what they are when buying new but the screw holes take a lot of stress; buying second-hand could be a good bet or it may be a bad one on the basis that the stressed screw holes are on their way out already.

The screws are lightly torqued and from memory the max torque is 2.5 nm (but do check this - it is in the workshop manual)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy661

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT