Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

4 pot caliper bolts, what size? 1 year 10 months ago #199405

Hi all,

Ive decided to treat my F to some 4 pot calipers and multispoke 160 wheels. My old brakes are getting due and overhaul, and an luck would have it a friend was breaking a very crispy 160 TF.

Sadly... due to the crispy nature, one of the bolts snapped off during removal, ive drilled it out, however nicked the hellicoil with the drill :doh: So, am looking at re coiling it, however, i cant get a nice read on what size i need. (i know there is not guarantee it is the standard size)

What size should the thread and bolt be on these ap racing 4 pots to attach to the hub? (and im guessing they don't normally come with coils in them :pinch: )

Thanks, James

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4 pot caliper bolts, what size? 1 year 10 months ago #199414

Just saw your post, will have a look tomorrow and see what size the threads are. I noticed the set I've just bought had been helli coiled, so maybe someone else can say if it is normal.

4 pot caliper bolts, what size? 1 year 9 months ago #199417

Having just had a look, I see both my calipers have helli coils, so I take it that's normal, or the previous owner had been a bit OTT with the sockets.
The size bolts I have are 12 mm x 35 mm x 1.75 pitch flange head bolts. The rating I have is 10.9 Although I believe the normal rating is 8.8
The following user(s) said Thank You: VVCJames

4 pot caliper bolts, what size? 1 year 9 months ago #199419

Thanks :) will get a new coil ordered, interesting about the helicoils on yours too....

4 pot caliper bolts, what size? 1 year 9 months ago #199424

I can only assume that the caliper casting are of an aluminium construction and the coil inserts give a much stronger thread form.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT