Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

wires in engine compartment 1 year 10 months ago #199394

Bonjour, almost completed my engine change in my 1998 MGf. Thought I had tagged everything but!Seeputo showing 2 connectors on one line above the gearbox. They go off to a small box shown on second photo which seems to connect to several things including the loss of coolant wire. Can anyone tell me what they should connect to.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

wires in engine compartment 1 year 10 months ago #199395

• David Aiketgate
  • Away
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Do you mean the yellow/green wire? Thats standard domestic earth colours and it seems this is an aftermarket addition to your car, especially if you have a low coolant alarm. That is not standard on that age of car.
Sorry can't help much other than this.
David
:shrug:

wires in engine compartment 1 year 10 months ago #199396

Yeah with those shitty blue crimp connections they are not original, they’re probably a part of a low coolant alarm and would intercept one of those other wires in the back ground.
If so they’d take the power feed to the low coolant alarm from the feed to the reverse light switch.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

wires in engine compartment 1 year 10 months ago #199408

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm sure you are right about the coolant level. I installed a new coolant tank with a warning system some years ago. The corrugated tube in the second photo goes off to the tank but (my age is telling) I cannot remember the connections and can't find the fitting instructions.I attach a slightly better photo which shows the green yellow cable encased in a simple tubing which I am fairly sure I didn't install. I'tried to photo everything before dismantling which took place over a year ago have missed out this wiring. I don't know what the black box in the photo is for even thogh 4 wires connect into it.
Attachments:

wires in engine compartment 1 year 8 months ago #199685

Sorry, late picking this up as I have been off-grid for a while.

That looks like a very early version of one of my low coolant alarms. If you are still trying to fathom it out, drop me a private message.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT