Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

An unashamed bodge. 1 year 10 months ago #199349

I have a busted tag on a tail light so rather than buy a new one, I improvised. The 2015 is actually better for this than the later corks, being a good vintage.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

An unashamed bodge. 1 year 10 months ago #199355

The tail lights in these things are very vulnerable to damage from items in the boot.
There is an optional solution which should’ve been standard fitting on these cars.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

An unashamed bodge. 1 year 10 months ago #199357

The first things I fitted when I got my TF!

An unashamed bodge. 1 year 10 months ago #199370

Go for rear light covers by all means but please don’t remove the cork, Nicolas Feiullatte is more than respectable & when your car passes on, which it eventually will, the new owner, if capable of rune reading, should recognise you as a man of ingenuity & taste.
The following user(s) said Thank You: minimax

An unashamed bodge. 1 year 10 months ago #199378

I have a busted tag on a tail light so rather than buy a new one, I improvised. The 2015 is actually better for this than the later corks, being a good vintage.

:bust:
David
:shrug:

An unashamed bodge. 1 year 9 months ago #199491

In 1970 my wife and I were out in Lincolnshire in our Frogeye ( We were doing a year at Cranwell courtesy of the RNZAF) when there was a sudden, overwhelming smell of petrol. Pulled in, checked under the bonnet and found that the thread in the fuel pump body for the fuel outlet pipe union had stripped. After a little fiddling I discovered that the stubby screwdriver from my toolkit could be wedged against the pipe hard enough to seal it in the pump. So off we went. Six months later I sold the car to a dealer, after it (and the screwdriver) passed MOT. I occasionally wonder what happened after the new owner found and pulled out the stubby.......

An unashamed bodge. 1 year 9 months ago #199492

When very young I once repaired a rotten Victor's inner wing with carboard and underseal, now being a lot older and not much wiser I would use something non absorbent like vinyl

An unashamed bodge. 1 year 9 months ago #199493

:bust:
David

An unashamed bodge. 1 year 9 months ago #199494

In 1970 my wife and I were out in Lincolnshire in our Frogeye ( We were doing a year at Cranwell courtesy of the RNZAF) when there was a sudden, overwhelming smell of petrol. Pulled in, checked under the bonnet and found that the thread in the fuel pump body for the fuel outlet pipe union had stripped. After a little fiddling I discovered that the stubby screwdriver from my toolkit could be wedged against the pipe hard enough to seal it in the pump. So off we went. Six months later I sold the car to a dealer, after it (and the screwdriver) passed MOT. I occasionally wonder what happened after the new owner found and pulled out the stubby.......

:welcome2:
In a dire emergency, I once bypassed a water-clogged fuel filter on a Granada after a disastrous petrol (and rusty water) fill up in Rural Scotland with a plastic bic pen jammed into both pipes. Lasted until I could get a replacement filter. The plastic was very soft by then though...
Dont try this at home, peeps!:nonod:
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

An unashamed bodge. 1 year 8 months ago #199556

Hi and welcome to the forum.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

An unashamed bodge. 1 year 8 months ago #199610

I am proud of my fix…
And in line with my motto of adapt improvise and bodge it and scarper, i did the following.
When 17 and the proud owner of a Datsun f1 rot box, the aerial decided to self detach (probably trying to find a better home than the collection of assembled rust that were Datsuns), I decided to relocate it. After musing over various areas of equally dodgy rust panels, I decided to install it into the passenger side dashbaord inside the car. Yes, the passenger could enter the vehicle and extend the metal aerial themselves in the warm dry comfort of the interior without getting wet. Genius. I am surprised it never caught on….

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT