Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

ToyoSports Exhaust - Where have you gone! 1 year 10 months ago #199195

Hi, ive had my 98VVC F for just shy of 7 years, and for 6 and a half of those have had a full toyosports exhaust system fitted. Love it! sounds good, nice tone but not too overpowering on long drives yet is louder when pushed. And its lasted over 6 years..... which compared to general experience isnt too bad considering cost and road condition. BUT at last fail it has :(

About 3 months ago it developed a rattle, this is now unbelievably annoying and overpowering.... makes my lovely little sports car sound unloved and like its ready for the scrap heap. Plus its now speant the last month plastering the back of my car with fiberglass strands which looks a bit like a very large malting dog has been rubbing its self on the back. So its time for a new backbox.

I love the look and sound of the TT... but it think it could be a bit OTT at the ungodly hours i drive with shift work. With my weekend toy being a TVR, i love noise.... but love the F for a slightly more subdued and subtle sportscar drive, hence the toyosports, fun but not too OTT.

But I cant find one anywhere! I previously bought one on Ebay, none for sale anymore, other 2nd hand sites have none and the toyosports website its self doesnt list anything under MG...

Does anyone know of a secret stash or shop somewhere that still sell them?

Thanks,
James.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

ToyoSports Exhaust - Where have you gone! 1 year 10 months ago #199201

It seems that Toyosport exhausts for our cars are no more.
This is the cheapest equivalent I could find.

STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST PERFORMANCE BACK BOX FOR ROVER MGF MGTF 1.8 VVC 02-05
Buy It Now
David
:shrug:

ToyoSports Exhaust - Where have you gone! 9 months 2 weeks ago #203013

Has anyone used one of these eBay ones? I notice that years covered so not include my 98 mgf so it may not suit anyway?

ToyoSports Exhaust - Where have you gone! 9 months 2 weeks ago #203015

I was down at Trophy Cars about 3 weeks ago and they had some marked up as Toyo Sports. Think they were £465.

ToyoSports Exhaust - Where have you gone! 9 months 2 weeks ago #203032

I will hope my exhaust lasts a while longer then, it would be interesting to get a review of the ones on eBay though.

ToyoSports Exhaust - Where have you gone! 9 months 2 weeks ago #203033

What is the actual advantage of these exhausts other than a bit more noise ?
My 135 came with a Toyo exhaust and frankly i prefer the sound of the mid priced rear box that i recently put on my 115.

There is a clear benefit in having a performance exhaust on an early classic car where the standard system sapped power due to poor design and overly restrictive pipe sizes.
Its entirely sensible to have a stainless system on a daily that is expected to cover quite a lot of miles when it isnt vastly more expensive than a bog standard system.
But what is the advantage of an expensive exhaust on a TF ? Its a single box and can only throw out the exhaust gasses as fast as they can pass through the front pipe and cat first so it wouldnt seem to be able to make a tangible improvement in performance or am i missing something ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

ToyoSports Exhaust - Where have you gone! 9 months 2 weeks ago #203034

I think the disappointing thing about my MGF is the exhaust note. It's not a big thing but as I will soon be in the market for a new exhaust I thought I would pay a bit extra for a stainless exhaust and if it sounds nicer not necessarily louder it's a bonus. And for £198 they aren't too pricey

ToyoSports Exhaust - Where have you gone! 9 months 2 weeks ago #203039

I am sure that Toyo and Gravity exhausts are the same. I have bought two sets of Gravity exhaust manifolds and the quality was very good for the price

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.942 seconds