Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hood rebuild. 1 year 10 months ago #199170

My current hood is in decent condition and has a HRW but I have a new cover available for my mark one car. The door tends to stick on the seals when the windows are raised. I am fairly sure that my hood is from a TF. I have bought a set of SAIC seals and will be looking for a mark two hood frame; the current hood is too good to butcher, but I suspect that the side window glass size is the reason for the seal problem, as I have read that the later cars have smaller side window glasses.
Question one: is this the case?
Question two: how do I recognise a mark 2 frame? (I know about the seams but not the front corners of the frame. Photos of both types would be a big help.)
Question three: is the later glass swappable for my mark one glass?
I am guessing that the difference in glass size will mean that I cannot get the best out of the new hood seals so I want to have all the right bits to work with before I begin.
If anybody has definitive answers to any of these questions, I would be grateful if they would let me know, thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hood rebuild. 1 year 10 months ago #199180

PM sent

Hood rebuild. 1 year 10 months ago #199190

The mk1 roof had seems from front to back.
The mk2 roof had seems from side to side.

Mk1 roof was phased out in mid 1997 so later mk1 cars have the mk2 roof.

The only things to change when they moved from the mk1 hood to the mk2 hood was the fabric and the frame, nothing else was changed. If your window isn't fitting correctly something needs adjusting.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Hood rebuild. 1 year 10 months ago #199191

I beg to differ as there are different sized glass panes, a change made at around 15,000 cars.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT