Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

circuit diagrams 1 year 10 months ago #199084

Is there anything that helps explain the RAVE wiring diagrams for example the main feed from the battery to the fuse box starts at C0192-1 (batt) and ends at C0632-1 (F box) what do these letter/numbers signify. The wire itself is N, 6.0 which I presume is N (colour?) and 6.0 (dia in mm?) if I'm right so far what does LGS,05D or NW,2.0D mean on a wire. The colour codes seem to be different from when I last looked (the 80's prob) is there a list of these somewhere and, are they universal or manufacture specific.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

circuit diagrams 1 year 10 months ago #199087

Yes. The electrical handbooks in the download section are very comprehensive.

circuit diagrams 1 year 10 months ago #199090

Is there anything that helps explain the RAVE wiring diagrams for example the main feed from the battery to the fuse box starts at C0192-1 (batt) and ends at C0632-1 (F box) what do these letter/numbers signify. The wire itself is N, 6.0 which I presume is N (colour?) and 6.0 (dia in mm?) if I'm right so far what does LGS,05D or NW,2.0D mean on a wire. The colour codes seem to be different from when I last looked (the 80's prob) is there a list of these somewhere and, are they universal or manufacture specific.

I do not know which RAVE version you are using. If it is 2005 RAVE C for MG TF then I suggest you to download 2003 RAVE B for MG TF. First 4 pages of the Electrical Circuit Diagrams on that RAVE download provide information you are asking.

C0192-1 denotes Connector 192 Pin number 1
C0632-1 denotes Connector 632 Pin number 1

How connectors 192 and 632 look like you can see in Electrical Library document and you can see where pin number 1 is. Numbering of connectors is solely Rover decision how to number them.

Wire N 6,0 means BrowN colour of wire, while wire thickness in diameter (mm) is 6.
LGS, 0.5D means wire colour is Light Green with Grey stripe, thickness 0.5 mm in diameter, while D menas Single Core DIN wire.
NW, 2.0D means Brown wire colour with White stripe, thickness 2.0 mm in diameter, D - Single Core DIN wire

Colour codes are defined by Rover. If you have colour wiring diagram, you can compare colour codes with colours on the diagram. Otherwise you can compare colour codes with wires you can see in the car.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, deepfat

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

circuit diagrams 1 year 10 months ago #199091

Thanks a lot for that simple explanation, the RAVE I'm using I bought from Xpart and doesn't have what I call a legend explaining colour codes etc, unless it's hidden somewhere. I will take your advice and look at RAVE on here, mine is an early Lucas not Plekton car so presume a 2002 diagram is needed or is there no difference.
Before anyone asks I'm not a rich man I bought it cos I didn't know I could get it free here (grumble, grumble).

circuit diagrams 1 year 10 months ago #199092

Take RAVE B from here and look at first 4 pages of Electiric Circuit Diagrams. If needed, I can send you first 4 pages if you give me your email address (you can send me private message on here or on other forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deepfat

circuit diagrams 1 year 10 months ago #199093

PM sent

circuit diagrams 1 year 10 months ago #199100

Everything to fourteen decimal places is in the downloads section in the electrical diagrams subsection. The books are called electrical libraries and show photos of each connector in situ, pinning data on each one and a full circuit description with wire colours. MGF circuit diagrams are  pretty poor for diagnostics without it but with it, it is almost as good as the early SAAB 900 electrical manuals which are the best I have ever used. I could rewire a bare shell in under two hours with one of those!

circuit diagrams 1 year 10 months ago #199101

Better still get a good old fashioned printed manual.......beats the shit outta electronic rubbish!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

circuit diagrams 1 year 10 months ago #199107

Roverlike as an aside to this question I have a MGTF 2005 with a non working boot open indicator in the speedo facia.
I have traced the boot wiring and cant find a fault at that end , is it correct that the open boot indicator circuit runs through the SCU from the boot on a PR wire and do you know if the SCU plays any part in the operation?
thanks
Mike

circuit diagrams 1 year 10 months ago #199114

Roverlike as an aside to this question I have a MGTF 2005 with a non working boot open indicator in the speedo facia.
I have traced the boot wiring and cant find a fault at that end , is it correct that the open boot indicator circuit runs through the SCU from the boot on a PR wire and do you know if the SCU plays any part in the operation?
thanks
Mike

Open boot indicator receives signal from boot space lamp switch. There is a junction where this same signal is sent to SCU as well. So boot lamp switch send signal to instrument indicator and SCU. SCU itself does not control the indicator on the dash. Signal provided is connection to ground. So dash lamp has connection to ground and that same signal is sent to SCU.
Also boot lamp is operated by same boot lamp switch. So boot lamp switch creates connection to ground and lamp illuminates. If your boot lamp works, then this circuit is fine. You need to trace fault in wires up to the dash or in the instrument cluster.
Question: you checked that lamp on the dash is not blown?

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

circuit diagrams 1 year 10 months ago #199161

I have noted all your text and can add that the boot lamp works ,I think that I will need to remove the cluster to test the indicator.
thanks
Mike

circuit diagrams 1 year 10 months ago #199171

PM sent

New PM sent back.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT