Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Disassembling door handle 1 year 11 months ago #198973

I couldn't find a drivers door handle in trophy blue so now have to spray one up to match and need to remove the lifter handle from the body to do this properly. The handle is attached with 2 pins, can I tap these out either way or do they only come in/out one way?
Any other tips on this job welcome, thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Disassembling door handle 1 year 11 months ago #198976

I made a couple of tools & pressed them out as bashing them with a pin punch seemed to invite catastrophe. I’m no great lover of scroll pins & so I did a bit of engineering, replacing them with modified stainless cap head screws (m4?), much better job & if I need to revisit them it’ll straight forward. As I remember if you do press them out with a vice you’ll only be able to ease them out one way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deepfat

Disassembling door handle 1 year 11 months ago #198993

Got the pins out relatively easily, I used a small drift you really want something with a flat end to it, if it's pointed it will have the effect of trying to open the roller pins out making them tighter. I also packed the space between the two arms of each pin to lesson the risk of snapping an arm off. The pins are uniform so can be knocked in/out any which way you prefer.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT