Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

throttle cable too short 2 years 3 days ago #198884

I have an odd problem. My (RHD) TF suffers from sticky throttle cable. I tried lubricating the inner cable first, then learnt oil worsens the problem, because of the teflon inner lining reacting with the oil. I found CJJ's write-up on here and bought a brand-new RHD throttle cable SBB000280, which on delivery turned out to be SBB000280P, apparently some aftermarket version. When I installed the new cable it turned out to be too short. I took the new cable out again, put it on the garage floor next to the old cable and both inner and outer cable were roughly 5 centimeters shorter then the old one. Moreover, the adjusting nut on the engine side of the (new) cable is metal and doesn't fit the slot in the bracket on the throttle housing.

When I took a closer look at the old cable I noticed a part number: "SBB000280 TR". I googled the part number with the TR extension and found a used cable on eBay labeled "SBB000280 TR". I asked the seller but he didn't know what TR meant.

So, my question is: does the TR-bit mean I have a throttle cable that is longer than other RHD throttle cables are? Or was I just unlucky with the aftermarket throttle cable?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Richard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by RichardsMG.

throttle cable too short 2 years 3 days ago #198886

I've no clue what the TR means. 280 or 280p is the correct part number for the rhd cable, 290 is the lhd version.
I would contact the supplier.
David
:shrug:

throttle cable too short 2 years 3 days ago #198890

Thanks, David, I'm returning it this afternoon.
Richard

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT