Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

hood problem 2 years 1 week ago #198829

I've got the common problem of the hood jamming and know to pull the second hoop to assist it, so today I when I came back and put the hood up I thought take a look. It appears I already have the elastic assister straps fitted (I didn't know) and I suspect they need tightening as they are at the beginning of their range, do you do it with the hood up or done and how tight should they be?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

hood problem 2 years 1 week ago #198830

Down and tight enough to collapse the hood. It is no more difficult than that. I had a pair made from elastic and Velcro for a couple of quid and they work just fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, deepfat

hood problem 2 years 1 week ago #198832

Thanks for that, I thought of elastic with velcro but that was before I looked, I don't think in the 9 months I've owned it I ever looked closely at the underside of the hood.

hood problem 2 years 1 week ago #198834

Dont forget to give the mechanism hinges a quick lube with lithium grease. If you use the spray can, just watch for over-spray...

Rubber seals will also benifit from a liberal application of " gummi Pfledge " to restore the softness to the seals.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, deepfat

hood problem 2 years 1 week ago #198842

Thanks GORSQ if that stuff works I will use it on all my rubbers (stop sniggering) interesting product name doesn't exactly roll of the tongue like "Rubber Reviver" would.
Fixed the tensioner thingy, I think there are various types but on mine the loops in the buckle are stitched in I only found this out after trying unsuccessfully to shorten it like a belt buckle. I just ignored the loops shortened it a bit, fed it back thru the buckle and put the pin back, fiddly but doable. Minimax's idea of using velcro to hold the elastic would make it much simpler to adjust if needed.

hood problem 2 years 1 week ago #198844

I bought a yard of 2" black elastic and 2' of 2" black Velcro. Cut the elastic in two and folded the halves to make a 9" doubled layer then had the Velcro sewed onto the ends, hooks up, loops down and cut the Velcro to a convenient length on installation. Cheap and very effective.
The following user(s) said Thank You: deepfat

hood problem 2 years 1 week ago #198847

Thanks I'm going to have a go at that as I happen to have a length of 2" velcro knocking about somewhere so only need the elastic

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT