Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Indicators/Hazards dead after jump start 2 years 1 month ago #198662

Hi all, newbie here.

Just picked up a 2003 135 tf, absolutely love the thing. Lots of small issues but nothing too hard to fix.

Everything working as it should for a while, then I fit a new head unit. Works perfectly, but silly me didn't run the engine whilst testing so the battery went flat. Tried starting it, turned over a little then made a quickfire zapping noise like a few relays going repeatedly.

The next day I charged and jumped it off a mains charger. Started and drove fine, but the indicators now don't work on the stalk or hazard switch. No relay clicks, no dashboard lights. I try a new relay to no avail. Fuses fine too. Tested voltage between all 3 pins on flasher relay and can't seem to get any signal coming through.

Any help would be much appreciated!
All the best,
Pablo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Indicators/Hazards dead after jump start 2 years 1 month ago #198666

:welcome2:
Have you checked the fuses under the bonnet?
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Indicators/Hazards dead after jump start 2 years 1 month ago #198670

All under bonnet fuses are fine, as are the interior fuses (except the 25A at the top of the secondary box which I can't reach to test).

Indicators/Hazards dead after jump start 2 years 1 month ago #198671

What kind of alarm you have - Lucas or Pektron? If you do not know, please describe how your fob looks like.

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

Indicators/Hazards dead after jump start 2 years 1 month ago #198673

Octagonal "valeo" key where the actual metal bit is hinged. Lucas 17TN clicker, rounded rectangle shape but a little skinnier towards the top. 2 round buttons.

Indicators/Hazards dead after jump start 2 years 1 month ago #198678

Since you say you checked all fuses and they are fine, and you have no voltage on indicator relay, only thing which is left is hazards switch. It might be that your hazard switch is not working anymore and you might need to change it for anew good and tested one.

Hazard switch is responsible to get you power on the indicators relay.

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

Indicators/Hazards dead after jump start 2 years 1 month ago #198679

Well when I did the radio install i removed the centre console to swap the clocks at the same time - chances are the connector needed one more click to be fully in place, but if not I'll try jumping the hazard switch plug connectors to see if all else works.

Cheers!

Indicators/Hazards dead after jump start 2 years 1 month ago #198680

When you say that you'd checked the fuses.......was that check just a visual check? Somtimes a fuse can look good, but still be buggered!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Indicators/Hazards dead after jump start 2 years 4 weeks ago #198686

I tested all fuses for continuity with a multimeter. The cigarette lighter fuse was a little bubbly in the plastic but still working fine. I haven't had a chance to check hazard switch wiring yet but I bet I've made a 0 IQ move and just not plugged the hazard switch back in properly 😂. Thanks for all the helpful replies nonetheless, I'll update tomorrow!

Indicators/Hazards dead after jump start 2 years 4 weeks ago #198688

As expected, i hadn't reconnected the hazard switch after swapping the clocks :clap:

Many thanks to all who helped, I'll try the obvious before coming here next time

Indicators/Hazards dead after jump start 2 years 4 weeks ago #198690

Well done for manning up, I'm sure me and you are not the only two people to have ignored the bleeding obvious at various times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIGDRIVER

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.120 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT